Help with NDI setup

I'm not certain I am completely understanding this.

What I am trying to accomplish is feeding lyrics and scriptures to our OBS Livestreaming computer.

We use a Mac for this and a PC for EasyWorship.

I've been trying to figure this out and short of another capture device for the Mac and a signal splitter on our foldback monitor I've been at a loss as to how to accomplish this.

Then I ran across this NDI method. But I do not want to divert our "Live" output to NDI as that still needs to be fed to our FOH projector.

Our setup currently has 3 displays since we are using a foldback as well. I'd be fine sending our main live screen to the NDI if that's possible. 

We went through a period where our projector was seriously failing so we have moved to all black backgrounds anyway unless it's our sermon title slide. 

Can I still feed an NDI signal over our network to OBS on our Mac while feeding our current displays as we are?

TIA

NDI is great technology and can be used in many ways.

EasyWorship 7 can output and input an NDI signal which is also very useful.However, EW cannot currently output to your FOH projector AND an NDI output at the same time, So, like me livestreaming and wanting song words as lower thirds, we output EW to NDI using the NONE background and the song text placed near the bottom of the screen. This works great for the livestream but not for the audience we now have back in the church. To

get words on screen, we are using the NDI Studio Monitor to pick up the EW NDI output and send that to the main screen. Problem is that the audience only sees two lines of text and no pretty pictures. PowerPoint and video though comes through full screen OK.

You can download and install the vMix Desktop Cature utility (Free) on yuor EW PC. Run that and your video mixing software -OBS or vMix can pick up ANY of the 3 currently available EW outputs. If you picked up the audience view - main screen - into OBS you would get exactly what your audience was seeing and not just text as lower thirds. Currently EW cannot do what you are wanting.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

Look in the "Announcements" section of this forum and you will see that EW will soon be releasing an update that will let you do what what you, me and heaps of others have been waiting for.

S

"Look in the "Announcements" section of this forum and you will see that EW will soon be releasing an update that will let you do what what you, me and heaps of others have been waiting for."

Alternate Output is almost here!

Dan, thanks for your reply.

I did see that announcement. What I read was "Subscription Users Only" and our church is not a subscription user. We have a paid campus license. Is this feature only being released to EW users who pay the monthly subscription?

Yes. It is only for the SUBSCRIPTION version. If you purchased out outright you won't be able to get it until you upgrade to EW8 (or whatever they will be naming the next full release). They state that in the Announcement thread as I specifically asked about it.

Login to post a comment