Deferred

Remove background from item

FEATURE REQUEST QUESTIONS:

How would you like the feature to work?

I would like "remove background" to be added as an option following a right click on an item in the schedule

Why is this feature important to you?

I had a panic during a live stream because I had dropped a video onto a song when I intended to add it as a separate item on the schedule and I couldn't see how to remove it quickly. 

It is very easy to drop videos onto songs and it takes several steps to remove them again.

1 person likes this idea

Thanks.

Basically it would be to revert to default. An "undo" would not help if the error was noticed after a few other changes had been made.

The main use would be to retrieve the situation where a picture or video was accidentally dropped onto a song.

Many users are not sufficiently experienced to know how to use the "inspector" route to remove the background.

Thanks

I would set it to "none" so that it remains usable for alpha channel over a livestream. Black hiddes all camera views.

Are you wanting to remove the background completely and have it just go to black?

When you drag and drop media onto a song, it doesn't put that background over the previous background. It actually replaces it, so removing the background would set it to a black background.

Are you just wanting an "undo" for the schedule for when mistakes like that are made?

It does seem odd that it is so easy to add a background and so difficult to remove it again.

An option to immediately remove the background of the entire song is nice. (I recently had the situation that I applied a theme without background (related to alpha channel on livestream) over a song but a black background remained. Only after selecting the whole song, setting the background from none to color via inspector and back to none, it was really gone...)
Login to post a comment