Disable slides from editor

I would love to have the ability to disable a slide (verse of a song) for those times when we skip a verse, but I don't want to make a separate song file just for this new "arrangement" as the rest of the song is still the same, and we very likely would sing that verse again at a later date.

Something in the Schedule editor that would let you right click on a slide and disable or enable it would be fairly simple and flexible.

I searched the forum and couldn't find this request anywhere, kinda surprised I'm the first one...

Thanks!

Jared

As an addition to what Craig's written above:
If that same skipping may happen many times in the future, it's advisable to have a 2nd version of the song saved in your database.

Like me, in our Praise and Worship, we have 2 versions of song for "How Great is Thou Art":

1. How Great is Thou Art (Full Lyrics)

2. How Great is Thou Art (Refrain Only),

It's because we very often use the both versions in many occasions.

Instead of what you suggest, we just put a song in a schedule, then edit the song in the schedule for that days arrangement. Then it does not require having more than one of each song in the database. Also, a very helpful feature is you can delete slides right in the Preview pane.

2 people like this
Login to post a comment