EW Running slow

In the past year EW on our sanctuary computer has become slow when switching from song to song or other media type. Sometimes it takes 7-10 seconds to start the new slide or media. It is slower when you use the mouse to click and go live rather than the page down button, but it is slow between songs no matter what. I have gone through tech support two or three times and they always have me uninstall and reinstall, but it never really fixes it. It will speed it up for about once service and then we're back to the slow transition again. We are running the latest version of EW. We are running a Ryzen 5 3600 with an AMD RX 580. I'm thinking of upgrading the GPU because the latest versions seem more GPU intensive, but I don't want to sink money into it if it's something else. Any ideas?

First thing I would try is create a new profile and see if that helps. Also make sure you have the system power plan set to High Performance.

I regularly run EW 7.4.1.9 with an RX 480 with no issues.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm the pastor and I want to make sure before I make my media team mad. If I create a new profile that will mean I lose all my library of songs and settings correct?

Only if you delete the old one. In this case, you would be adding a new profile as a diagnostic test alongside your  existing one.. If it solves the issue, then you more than likely one or more of the databases in the profile have become corrupted. Then you would import your your songs, presentations, and media from the old profile into the new one.Your settings shouldn't  change..

I have 4 different profiles on my home computer that mirror different computers at our Church.

Also use a different name for the new profile, and use the Transfer and Backup tool to make a copy of the original profile.

If the new profile fixes the issue, how do I go about importing songs and media from the other profile?
Nevermind. That did not fix the issue.

Troy, Please contact support directly while at your computer and they can remote in and take a look at it with you. You can schedule a time that's convenient for you by going to the link below.

Remote Support

Login to post a comment