No Updates?

Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask, is EasyWorship still being maintained? Because there is no way that its gone more than a year without simple, minimum "bug fixes".

I know it might sound like I'm going on a rant, but I pay for this software. I expect constant and consistent updates, doesn't matter how small they are! I expect at least bug fixes at most every 3-6 months.

I'm a software developer myself, and I know how hard it is to update and manage pieces of software, but it's not just 1 person managing it, its a whole team. 

In summary, going 1 year without updates is way too long. As of the time of writing this (July 2nd, 2024) its been 487 ago. Even if its a "bug fix" update, at least update the software. This is really disappointing because I, like many people, pay for the software. I pay because I expect software updates, bug fixes, etc. done in a timely or reasonable timeframe. Going 1 year without updates really just breaks my trust with EW, and I've even considered switching to ProPresenter. So please, at least put out an update.

Hi Teetobs,

Thank you for your post. EasyWorship 7 build 7.4.1.9 is the most stable version we've ever had. The main focus of development up to the latest build was to fix bugs and make it as stable as possible. Since then, the EW developers have exclusively been working on the upcoming cross-platform version that will work on both PC and Mac. We have been testing the Alpha version in-house and took it to our last conference to show how close we are to releasing it. With your paid subscription, you will automatically receive this new version available on both the PC and the Mac. If you have a Premium subscription, we upload new premium content every week that's included in that subscription. 

Out of curiousity, are there current bugs that you're waiting on getting fixed?

1 person likes this

Hi Dan! For the output of directly displaying to a monitor (NDI doesn't have this issue), if the content (could be photo or video) isn't a 16:9 aspect ratio, the content will be zoomed in to fill the display rather than fit the display. This issue only seems to occur on outputs that are not the Foldback or NDI outputs. Also, when deleting Service Intervals, there is ~25-50% chance of an access violation occurring. Access violations just show up randomly as well, like when projecting a song, removing/adding alerts or sometimes when just launching the program.

I'm sorry if I've come across as ignorant, I was really not aware of the progress of the cross-platform version, because it's felt like a long time that it's "coming soon". But hats off to you and your team, it looks like you are doing a great job.

Login to post a comment