NDI Alternate Output not working

Using EW 7.4.1.9.

When I enable Alternate Output and select NDI Stream I can see the stream using NDI Video Monitor (latest version) on another computer but there is no content shown.  If I view it in OBS it appears to be a zero sized stream.  I also tried a variety of output formats.

If I run NDI Screen Capture HX I can stream via NDI any of the monitors on the computer successfully to other computers.

It appears EW is creating the NDI stream but not pushing content.

What can I do to get content streaming via EW Alternate Output with NDI?

1 person has this question

I will convert this to a ticket for you so one of our technicians can work with you to get it working.

We are experiencing the same problem, was this ever resolved? 

Yes, Here is the result of the ticket.  After the change it's been rock solid for us.  In addition, setting up the NDI output to be constrained to the lower third allowed us to use it more effectively as an overlay on our video side.  EW nicely reformats most text to fit the lower third unless you have manual line breaks in your songs.

I called you earlier and remoted into both of your computers.

I noticed that your network connection was set to Public, and with EasyWorship it needs to be set to Private. I changed it to Private, and now the EasyWorship Alternate Output is showing the NDI stream in OBS on the Mac computer.

I also helped setup the lower third themes for your songs and scriptures and we set that to the Default Alt Output themes for those.

Reformatting for easier reading. 

Tech support response:

I called you earlier and remoted into both of your computers.

I noticed that your network connection was set to Public,

and with EasyWorship it needs to be set to Private.

I changed it to Private, and now the EasyWorship Alternate Output

is showing the NDI stream in OBS on the Mac computer.

I also helped setup the lower third themes for your songs and scriptures

and we set that to the Default Alt Output themes for those.

Thanks for the info. I checked and our network connection was already set to Private but NDI still won't work on Alternate Output. I'll submit a new ticket.

Login to post a comment