Update 7.4.0.8 Song Select preview?

When using the old Song Select import you could see all the song lyrics before importing; you always knew which song you had chosen. With the new method, is there any way to preview the lyrics before importing? When you first open Song Select you see a 'quote' from the song lyrics but when I use the Search function, even that goes away. It would be really helpful to see a preview of the whole song before clicking the import button.

On the right side of the screen, you should see a button that says Show Details. If you click on that, it will show the song number, copyright, and give you an option to view/download the pdf of the chord sheet for that song.

Thanks. Unfortunately, my level of subscription doesn't allow me to download chord PDFs; only lyrics text files. The quote isn't much to go on. I think it would be much more helpful if you could preview all the lyrics before importing.

Also, that end column seems to have a habit of disappearing when you search for a song. The only way to get it back seems to be to relaunch EasyWorship.

As far as I know, they don't have an option without the chord sheets anymore, unless you use a free account for only downloading public domain lyrics.

SongSelect pricing plans

I would have to check with our developers, but I think it's this way because of CCLI's API. I don't think we can change it on our end.

I haven't seen that the window on the right disappears. If it does, try pressing Ctrl+R on the keyboard and see if it comes back.

Thanks Dan. Ctrl+R brings it back. We have a UK CCLI church copyright licence that allows us to access lyrics only on SongSelect (see attachments). If I click on a Chords PDF I get a message to upgrade. I guess this is a non-standard account with CCLI. (If I click on the download PDF within EasyWorship nothing happens.)

Ah, ok. UK must have different license offerings. Sorry about that. You currently should still be able to import songs the old way if you click on New in the top left and create a new song from SongSelect, it will take you to web where you can still import the lyrics that way.

Unfortunately, because of copyright reporting, CCLI limits the amount of lyrics we can display through the API. So, at this time we are not able to display any more than the 'quote' that shows on the right side.

However, when you click on Show Details, you should be able to click on the CCLI ID number and it will open a web browser to that song on their website where you can view all the lyrics.

We are still looking into why or how the right side of the window would disappear.

Thanks Dan. Much appreciate your replies. 

Login to post a comment