lyric slide lag

Hi we have recently bought a new pc and have reinstalled EW7 however we have noticed there is now a lag in the slide change with in songs. 

Has anyone else experienced this and what issues may be causing this to happen.

The new PC is above the recommended specs

thanks

Dave

2 people have this question

Saying above recommended specs doesn't really tell us anything useful. Please provide complete hardware details of your new system as well as what build of EW7 you are running. It's more than likely some sort of configuration error that we might be able to walk you thru, but without knowing specifically what we are working with it's impossible to diagnose anything or make useful suggestions.

PC specs are:

Intel i5 

Graphics card - Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060

Easy worship 7 build 7.3.0.13

I have created a ticket for this and will be trouble shoot it there. 

i5 tells us nothing as there have been 12 generations of i5's and not all of them are really capable for use on EW. Also, is this a laptop or a desktop? How much ram? Spinning rust hard drive or SSD? Windows 10 or windows 11?

The i5 is 10400 cpu 2.90ghz

there is 16gb of ram

SSD

64bit operating system x64 processor

windows 10 

desktop

If there is any other info that is needed to help please let me know. i am not great with computers but will find out whatever i can.

Installed the latest version of EW2007 (Easy worship 7 build 7.3.0.13) in our church desktop computer and I am also experiencing a delay when 'going live'... the specs for the computer are as per below....

Device name XPS-DESKTOP-0V1PVS8

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)

Device ID A1F07AB9-D04D-457B-AF5A-36C89F07141B

Product ID 00330-53975-59851-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎10/‎20/‎2021

OS build 22000.613

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0

Please advise how I can fix this issue.

Txs,

ICPA

Yominda Guerrero, You have EW7, not EW2007. EW2007 was discontinued years ago and wouldn't even run on Windows 10 or 11.

That said computer doesn't meet even the minimum hardware requirements for EW7, especially the later 7.3 builds. To run EW7 you need at least a discrete GPU, and that computer only has the integrated Intel graphics which is causing the lag. See the following link for required Graphics Cards that you need. The rest of the computer is more than capable, but it doesn't have the necessary graphics capabilities to run EW7, especially build 7.3.0.13 that places more emphasis on the GPU.

Donal,

Would this apply to the O.P pc as well?

What do you mean by a discrete GPU?

No, they have other issues. Discrete GPU would be the RTX3060. That sounds more like a configuration issue, but EW7 Tech Support is handling that thru a support ticket. I'm just a user helping other users as best I can. 

Ok Donal thanks for that. I am still waiting on a reply from EW regrading the ticket and any help

About the only thing I can think of is that you have plugged the displays into the Motherboard ports instead of the actual Nvidia RTX 3060 ports. See the page linked below to see what I mean.

https://help.maingear.com/article/29-where-do-i-plug-in-my-monitor

ok thanks i will have a look at it all.

Office, also update to the latest Nvidia graphics driver for your card. I recommend installing the STUDIO driver as it is designed to be more stable for production systems like a computer running EasyWorship. All the game ready drivers are optimised for specific games and aren't as stable overall. Since EW isn't a game and Nvidia doesn't optimise their drivers for it so you don't gain anything by using them. Our church has been using the Studio drivers for over a year and have noticed no loss of performance using them. 

It's quite possible that your system is using the generic Windows Update supplied graphics driver for your Nvidia card and they tend to lack a lot of the performance of the card as they are designed to be a basic driver just to get the card working. Fine for basic office work, e-mail, and general web browsing, but not for programs like EW. 

This is the driver that I recommend.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/187604/

We are also having the same problem; the song slides lag. After you click on the next slide it takes almost two seconds to change.

We have a 11th Gen i7 with 16g of ram and a Nvidia GeForce 3080, so specs should not be the issue. All outputs are plugged into the graphics card.

Interestingly, there is no delay at all when advancing powerpoint slides.

Login to post a comment