[v6 General Discussion] Titles and Themes

Really working to use Themes heavily now and ran into one issue. My original plan was to put the song title in a Text Box at the lower right hand of the screen in the Song itself. This works fine when adding a Theme except when the Theme moves the song text to the lower right. Then the lyric text is shown over the Title Text Box.

Is there some other way to do this so that I can customize the location of the Song Title with a Theme?

THIS is a good workaround! Thanks so much for sharing. I still would like to push for a real function to handle this, but in the meantime, I can really work with this (just need to figure out a best practices for keeping the info that we typically put in those fields).

I use the Copyright Information function to display hymn titles and hymnal page numbers...
I use the Copyright Information function to display hymn titles and hymnal page numbers:

[list:22mrrrkt][*:22mrrrkt]Edit Song > Inspector > Info[/*:m:22mrrrkt][*:22mrrrkt]The Title field is linked with the song title field at the top left of the editor[/*:m:22mrrrkt][*:22mrrrkt]I enter the hymnal page in the Copyright field, giving me a 2-line footer: title on line 1, hymnal page on line 2.[/*:m:22mrrrkt][*:22mrrrkt]In Inspector > Slide, check the "song" and "copyright" theme elements.[/*:m:22mrrrkt][*:22mrrrkt]Important: the Info data is only displayed if the Copyright field is not empty. Entering space(s) doesn't qualify as a non-empty copyright. For songs without a hymnal page, you must enter a nonbreaking space — on a PC, hold down the Alt key and type "0160" (no quotes)
on the numeric pad. This will trick EW into displaying the copyright theme element, even if you have nothing to display on the second line.[/*:m:22mrrrkt][/list:u:22mrrrkt]

I typically leave the first and last song slides blank, giving me 1) a title slide before the first verse is sung and 2) an optional empty closing slide if there's a musical outro or the minister speaks before the next schedule item should be displayed.
Still hoping for this title token (or a second master slide) to be available in the Song Theme in a new version of EW - didn't see it in 7. @craigmash, have you?

No. No Title Token. Not sure where it is in the process or even if it is on the radar of the developers.
Still hoping for this title token (or a second master slide) to be available in the Song Theme in a new version of EW - didn't see it in 7. @craigmash, have you?
Why not create a new slide inside each song? Just insert a new slide then you can add a title box with the name and number.

Will give it a go. Thx!
What I was hoping for was a nice intro slide for each song (so folks could pull out the book if there is a song number, etc.) - we've tried a few things, but the best look so far has been creating a 1-slide presentation with the song title & number, then moving into the actual song. That can be confusing for our volunteers, so I was hoping for something else.

Why not create a new slide inside each song? Just insert a new slide then you can add a title box with the name and number.
What I would love is to have a box that automatically pulls in the title and puts it in a box that has a global format. That is the Title Token Rodger mentioned.

Since I cannot do that, yes, I have to open every song and manually add and format the title box on the first screen. I also have lyrics on the first screen so that is why I put it on the lower right side.
I was thinking about trying to add a title box (formatted the way I want it) to the master so all I had to do for each song was type the title on a new (empty) song slide - sounded to me like you were looking for a global solution, and I thought that was the direction you were heading. Of course, I do EW work in the evenings after work, so I'm not on that PC to test it out... You're doing songs one by one?

What I was hoping for was a nice intro slide for each song (so folks could pull out the book if there is a song number, etc.) - we've tried a few things, but the best look so far has been creating a 1-slide presentation with the song title & number, then moving into the actual song. That can be confusing for our volunteers, so I was hoping for something else.
@craigmash: Thanks for this thread. I'm looking to do the same thing.

Hopefully the "Title Token" can be added to a future release. However, until then, I am manually saving it to each song. So far has been a long, slow and tedious job since I have to add the title text box, type the title in it, and then format it how I want it.
@craigmash: Thanks for this thread. I'm looking to do the same thing.
I am planning on making all songs have the same basic layout. Then applying themes each week for their background and design. Plus I only want the song title (and page number if applicable) on the first slide, not all of them.
You might also look into making changes in the slide master, however any changes made in the slide master will go away when a new theme is applied.
Yes! That would be awesome. Guess for now I will have to design Themes that do not interfere with the Title or manually fix them when they do.
I think what you are looking for is a title token, that can be setup in the theme. That way the title of the song, which is pulled from the title of the song will move wherever it needs to go in order to complement the theme. That isn't a feature yet, but I'll make sure it's on the list.