[v6 General Discussion] Schedule size with Videos

We have noticed that the schedule size when we include videos is very high as it includes the full video within the schedule. Is it possible to link videos rather than embed them?

The reason this is causing us a problem is that schedules are prepared away from our church building on home PCs then uploaded to Dropbox. We only have a very slow internet connection at our church building so downloading a 100MB plus file can be a real problem at times.

Thanks for any help,

Sandy

That does make sense. Thanks for explaining it to me.

I still think there should be a way for those of us who never want to use it to turn it off. Even if it is just a registry change.
Your point is 100% valid and I completely understand.
Without the option to set a default, I am one of those who advocated for packed to be defaulted to "on" and here is why.
Over the last 11 years I have answered countless calls, emails and forum posts from customers wondering why there are no videos in the schedule they took to church on a USB key. This is very frustrating as you may know.
In my opinion, I would rather a customer be upset about a large schedule that still functions properly, than for them to be upset that their schedule is not usable because they forgot to pack it.
I'm for sure not saying it's an impossibility. I just haven't heard anything about it being in any builds that are coming in the very near future.

I understand. I am holding out hope. Almost every time I save a new schedule I have to go back and do a save-as because I forget to uncheck it.

What I cannot understand is why EW would decide to default to packed.
I'm for sure not saying it's an impossibility. I just haven't heard anything about it being in any builds that are coming in the very near future.
At this time I do not know of any plans to change the default selection.

I thought I had read somewhere that it would be changing. Maybe I misunderstood.

It really should default to what the user wants. We never want to pack the schedule. Yet, for some reason EW makes us have to remember to uncheck the box every time.

We backup our data drive every day. Could you imagine how fast we would run out of storage with all schedules packed?
At this time I do not know of any plans to change the default selection.
You should also note, as it is now, you have to deselect that box EVERY time you save a new schedule. I alsway remember AFTER I save it and it takes a longer time to save. Then I have to go back and do a save as.

Terry, can you confirm that this setting will be changed to default to what we want in a future build?
Thank you - problem sorted!
Hi!

When you save the schedule you can uncheck the "Pack Files in the Schedule" box. But then none of the media will be in the schedule.