[v6 General Discussion] Lyrics over live or streaming video

Greetings,

Can EasyWorship show lyrics(from lyrics database) over a live or streaming video?

Thank you in advance!

Yes that is possible. All you need is one of the capture cards. You can see the list located in the System Requirements page. To make sure it works with ease, I would make sure your computer also meets the system recommendations list as well.
Here is a list of the ones that are recommend for use with EW6

Capture Cards:

A capture card is a device that allows you to bring a video signal into the computer for recording, editing, or rebroadcast. Capture cards will connect to your computer via USB or a slot inside the computer. Most commonly, a camera or another video device will connect to the capture card. EasyWorship will then rebroadcast the video that the capture card receives, adding other content such as text. Below are recommended capture cards for use in EasyWorship.

•Intensity Pro (PCIe)
•Intensity Pro 4K (PCIe X4)
•DeckLink Quad (PCIe)
•ViewCast Osprey Analog (PCIe)
•ViewCast Osprey Digital (PCIe)
• Blackmagic Design UltraStudio SDI (USB 3.0)
•Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle (USB 3.0)
Here is a list of the ones that are recommend for use with EW6

Capture Cards:

A capture card is a device that allows you to bring a video signal into the computer for recording, editing, or rebroadcast. Capture cards will connect to your computer via USB or a slot inside the computer. Most commonly, a camera or another video device will connect to the capture card. EasyWorship will then rebroadcast the video that the capture card receives, adding other content such as text. Below are recommended capture cards for use in EasyWorship.

•Intensity Pro (PCIe)
•Intensity Pro 4K (PCIe X4)
•DeckLink Quad (PCIe)
•ViewCast Osprey Analog (PCIe)
•ViewCast Osprey Digital (PCIe)
• Blackmagic Design UltraStudio SDI (USB 3.0)
•Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle (USB 3.0)

I would be very happy if you could spell out a detailed instruction on how you managed to get a "working feed" from the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle. It has been a very frustrating days as we try to get it to work. Once a while a feed will show, but when you switch to a scripture or a song, the live feed refuses to work any longer.

We purchased the Intensity pro based on the information given but currently, we have regretted this.

Hoping to find a LASTING WORKING solution.
Due to issues with older BlackMagic Design drivers, we recommend only installing Desktop Video 10.8.4. If you have installed a previous version, you'll need to uninstall it and install 10.8.4 from the BMD website.
You'll need to go to the Blackmagic software in control panel and setup the device using their software.
Then open EasyWorship and setup a new feed.
When you setup the feed in EasyWorship, make sure that you select the Decklink option and not the wdm option.
If you are talking about a Black Magic Intensity Shuttle USB 3 - I suggest - forget it.
This may be harsh but I bought one several years ago and have nothing but trouble with it. For ages I could not even make it work. More recently I have used the BM updated software and have used it with mixed success. I am currently running a series of programs in our church hall using two live feeds. I have both a USB 3 Shuttle and a Thunderbolt Shuttle running into my ASUS Win 10 laptop. The Thunderbolt one works fine but the USB 3 one I have felt like throwing it in the bin many times as it is so unreliable. The computer most times will just not see it and therefore you can't use it - in anything - even the BM's own software wont recognise it, yet the Thunderbolt Shuttle is showing and running happily.

On the plus side, in our church EW PC I have an Aver media HDMI capture card - there are several different models of these game broadcaster cards - installed and it works perfectly in EW 6. It is much easier to set up and run than the BM cards and about 1/4 - 1/3 of the price. I have it set up for use with an Ezicast dongle which can be used to bring in wirelessly, a signal from an outside laptop or smart phone - Android or iPhone - as a live feed into EW. Works well. It can also be used as a feed from an HDMI camera and this also has worked very well for me. The only thing better for capturing another computer (Or phone/tablet) into your EW schedule, would be NDI desktop capture as used in VMix. Would be great if that was implemented into EW.

I have another PC running VMix which captures and mixes live video. I have 3 Intensity Pro cards and two Aver media cards in that machine - 5 HDMI inputs in total. Again the Aver media cards just install and run whereas the BM cards can be quite fiddly to get working.
There have been some issues with BMD USB 3.0 devices being picky about which USB 3.0 chip it wants to work with. Also the driver issue mentioned previously was causing this issue. So far our BMD shuttle and SDI only counterpart have functioned well for us. Our developers are working on the code for supporting these devices, so it should get better in future updates.

NDI support is also in the works. I can't say it will be in the next update we are about to release, but it is in progress.

We have also had good luck with driverless usb 3.0 devices made by AJA and Magewell.
I notice this advice is about capture cards that you add to your pc, is there any way of doing video through easyworship without installing a capture card as we use a laptop and obviously cant fit a card into it

Many thanks

Mal
If you have a laptop you can use one the USB 3.0 capture devices but you need to make sure that laptop meets or exceeds the recommended requirements.