[v6 General Discussion] Text Editing in Songs

Hi,

I upgraded to EW6, but we are currently still using EW2009 until everyone, including myself, feels comfortable with a permanent switch.

I have come across an issue in the text editor, where I go into inspector to change Fill colors and Text font outlines and shadows.. I change something, click the X in inspector, click OK on the song editor and when I hit GO Live, it is completely different than what I changed it to. The Shadow Blur all of a sudden went to 100% and the shadow ended up further out than what I set it to, and it never ends up how I originally set it. Am I doing something wrong? I've looked through the forum and haven't seen this come up yet, but maybe I haven't searched far enough back. Thanks for your help!

Ryan

We were able to duplicate the issue and have informed the developers.
After you made the changes to the song, did you double click the slide in the schedule to bring up the new changes in the preview area? I found this to be an important step.
Tim

Hi Tim,

When I click OK it automatically shows the changes in the preview and it's not the changes that I have made, but the random changes the program is making.
After you made the changes to the song, did you double click the slide in the schedule to bring up the new changes in the preview area? I found this to be an important step.
Tim
Hi Terry,

I've tried two different things and get the same results. The two different ways are,
1. Editing the song in the schedule.
2. Editing the song in the database.
When I click on Edit Item, or Edit Song depending on if it's in the schedule or database.
I click on Inspector, then I click on Text Shadow and do some adjustments. Let's say, Offset 14, Blur 9, and Opacity 50. As soon as I finish that I click the Red X in the Inspector Window to close it out and the preview shows exactly how I wanted it, so I click OK. When I click Go Live, it is not at all how I wanted it.
I go back into Inspector and the Offset is now 45, Blur 29, and Opacity 50. Just to make sure the settings that it is changing itself to are not a default setting, I then go back in and set it to something completely random. Offset 83, Blur 5, Opacity 100. Click the red X and OK and then it changes AGAIN. Now it changes itself to Offset 100, Blur 16, and Opacity 100. Am I missing a step to make sure the settings I'm wanting is the settings it will stay at?

As far as technical components, I'm running an HP Pavilion 500 with a 1TB hard drive, and an AMD XFX R7 250x graphics card, 8GB of Memory.
Hi!

Can you walk me through the exact steps that you are using? I tried what you have posted below but did not have any issues on my machine.