[v6 General Discussion] Song Editor in EW6 1.9 not saving

The song editor in EW6 is working better but still not working well. I have a song that I want to combine two slides. I edit the words of slide one, go to the end of the last word and simply hit the delete key. The slide divider disappears and the words of the two slides are now combined. Beautiful. Just what I want. Then I hit OK to save my work. When I go live, it's as if nothing changed. When I edit the song again I discover that none of my changes were saved. Please help.

I cannot replicate this.
If you have the song in the schedule. Then edit the same song in the database area, the schedule will not be updated.
If you go live with the song that was already in the schedule before the edit, it will display the song as it was before the edit.
If you edit the song in the database and drag it into the schedule again, then go live with it, that should work.
Or, if you edit the song in the schedule and click go live, that should work.
It seems to be saving the types of edits you are describing for me.
I'm still having this problem but only on certain songs.

I have a song that ends with a blank slide that I am unable to delete. Is there a way we can set up a screen share so you can see what's happening?
I experienced the same type of thing last night, but I don't think that I deleted the song from the schedule and replaced it after editing the database. This should take care of my problem.

I believe that in EW2009, if you changed the database version, it automatically updated the schedule also, will this happen eventually in EW6?
I am experiencing problems with editing too.

I am trying to edit a specific slide from a song but, when I press OK, it does not save the corrections !
I'm having the same problem. I have songs with redundant slides. Highlighting them and pressing the delete key deletes them but EW6 does not save the changes. If I highlight a different song and then return to the original (with going anywhere near Go Live) the unwanted slides are still there.

I have tried the same edits on my laptop which still has EW6 1.8 and it works fine.
I am continuing to have this problem. It is so frustrating to see errors in worship that cannot be fixed because the song editor will not save my changes. I am using EW 6.1.9. I've been having this problem for weeks. I need help now. Is this problem related to specific songs? Has the song somehow become corrupted? When will you have a song editor that works?
I am continuing to have this problem. It is so frustrating to see errors in worship that cannot be fixed because the song editor will not save my changes. I am using EW 6.1.9. I've been having this problem for weeks. I need help now. Is this problem related to specific songs? Has the song somehow become corrupted? When will you have a song editor that works?

If you can call support we can try to take a look at the issue.
I experimented on a hymn we haven't used, also converted from EW2009. It had six verses/slides. I split the four lines in half by pressing Enter and then saving song. When I opened again it had 12 slides, so I joined the text and used Shift-Enter to split them; when slide view didn't show blank line I added another Shift-Enter for it to display (text view was correctly showing blank lines). After opening song it had two blank lines and I was able to remove extra blank line and the song displays correctly.

I then added a different hymn to schedule. It had five verses/slides. I split the four lines in half by pressing Enter and then saving song. When I opened again it had five slides and the song displays correctly.

I think the two developers working on Schedule editor and Song editor need to meet and fix they code so it performs identical actions. For example, a blank line on import means new slide and in editor means blank line. If text shows blank line then slide view should also show blank line.
I'm using EW 6 Build 4.8.

The help file says that when I edit a song in the database, it will ask if I want to update the schedule as well.

However, I'm not getting this prompt and only the database is updated. In order to update the schedule, I must drag the updated version to the schedule and remove the old version.

Is this bug? It would be really nice if it worked like the help file describes, as it is a big pain to update the schedule.

Thanks.
Jerry
I'm using EW 6 Build 4.8.

The help file says that when I edit a song in the database, it will ask if I want to update the schedule as well.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Can you point me to the page in the help file ?
This was a feature in EW 2009 but it is not available in EW6 at this time.