Answered

[v7 General Discussion] Lagging transitions after 7.2.2.0 update

Updated from 7.1.4.1 a couple hours ago to 7.2.2.0

And on that new version the transitions between slides were slower than normal and kind of laggy. Sometimes there would be half faded out text from the previous slide still showing. Restarted my PC a couple times and let it install updates to make sure that something wasn't running in the background and slowing it down. But that didn't help.

So I just reinstalled 7.1.4.1 and that works fine. The transactions aren't lagging for me on that.

Best Answer

There is a major change in the way that 7.2.2.0 uses your hardware and the way that 7.1.4.2 uses them. 7.1.4.2 (and previous) uses the CPU more than 7.2.2.0 while it uses the GPU LESS than 7.2.2.0. What that means is that you need a better GPU (Graphics Card) in 7.2.2.0 than you do in 7.1.4.2 and previous. If you have a marginal graphics card/chip you will probably be better off with 7.1.4.2 or 7.1.4.0 than with 7.2.2.0,

EasyWorship 7 Downloads 

You can download 7.1.4.2 from the first link at the bottom. Uninstall 7.2.2.0, reboot the system, then install 7.1.4.2. Your profile(s) should remain intact but I do recommend backing them up just in case. The Backup and Restore tool is available at the bottom link.

Found same problem. Reinstalled to make sure there was no problem with the original update. But still very slow and exact problems you have described.
Just saw the two above posts and tried it on my PC. Yes the same thing. However, at the church I like to use No transition - so the words come instantly, and so changed the transition setting to NONE. That now works OK.
Answer

There is a major change in the way that 7.2.2.0 uses your hardware and the way that 7.1.4.2 uses them. 7.1.4.2 (and previous) uses the CPU more than 7.2.2.0 while it uses the GPU LESS than 7.2.2.0. What that means is that you need a better GPU (Graphics Card) in 7.2.2.0 than you do in 7.1.4.2 and previous. If you have a marginal graphics card/chip you will probably be better off with 7.1.4.2 or 7.1.4.0 than with 7.2.2.0,

EasyWorship 7 Downloads 

You can download 7.1.4.2 from the first link at the bottom. Uninstall 7.2.2.0, reboot the system, then install 7.1.4.2. Your profile(s) should remain intact but I do recommend backing them up just in case. The Backup and Restore tool is available at the bottom link.

I was wondering if it might've been some kind of a GPU issue, because we have a GT 730 (which I know was the bare minimum) in a Dell XPS 8920 and I don't think there's any way to upgrade that without a new system.

And thank you for the info and links.
Same issue here. Is there a way to fix this without having to reinstall the program? I am afraid of losing my songs, and other media (backgrounds, video backgrounds, and pictures) but not backing up correctly. Or do we have to wait until the next patch?
Hi LRCmedia

You should not loose you data if you do a reinstall - unless you also delete your entire data and recourses folder as well or if you tell EW to revoke ALL data on uninstall.

I make a regular backup of that folder so in the event someone DOES delete all data, I have a backup. That actually happened and I was able to reinstate the entire system very quickly.

Click on Profiles Find Instance Location and click on the blue text. You will be taken to the folders where ALL your EW data and resources are saved. Backup all folders. If you ever lose your date and resources, you can replace them anywhere you like on your PC then in Profiles Manager, you can then tell EW to use those files and all is good once again. As you will likely be updating and adding songs etc. I suggest a regular backup be done or you could lose a huge chunk of your data/resources.

I was wondering if it might've been some kind of a GPU issue, because we have a GT 730 (which I know was the bare minimum) in a Dell XPS 8920 and I don't think there's any way to upgrade that without a new system.

If it is the system linked below you can replace the graphics card with a more powerful one quite easily. Something like a GTX 1660 should work quite well with it.

Same issue here. Is there a way to fix this without having to reinstall the program? I am afraid of losing my songs, and other media (backgrounds, video backgrounds, and pictures) but not backing up correctly. Or do we have to wait until the next patch?

At this point the only two ways to fix it is by upgrading the hardware or reverting back to 7.1.4.2. Follow the instructions found in the following article to download the backup software to backup your profile (you should be doing this regularly anyway). Then uninstall 7.2.2.0, reboot the computer, install 7.1.4.2, register/activate your license, then point EW to your existing profile (or restore from the backup if you have problems with it).

Based on how they have changed 7.2.2.0 to use a different rendering package it's highly doubtful that any patches will ever be less reliant on the graphics processor to run with that weak of a card.

Hi LRCmedia

You should not loose you data if you do a reinstall - unless you also delete your entire data and recourses folder as well or if you tell EW to revoke ALL data on uninstall.

I make a regular backup of that folder so in the event someone DOES delete all data, I have a backup. That actually happened and I was able to reinstate the entire system very quickly.

Click on Profiles Find Instance Location and click on the blue text. You will be taken to the folders where ALL your EW data and resources are saved. Backup all folders. If you ever lose your date and resources, you can replace them anywhere you like on your PC then in Profiles Manager, you can then tell EW to use those files and all is good once again. As you will likely be updating and adding songs etc. I suggest a regular backup be done or you could lose a huge chunk of your data/resources.

I did as you suggested and it worked flawlessly. This 100% fixed my issue. Thanks for your help!

If it is the system linked below you can replace the graphics card with a more powerful one quite easily. Something like a GTX 1660 should work quite well with it.

Yeah, that's it. I was looking into it a year or two ago. But thinking back on it I might've been trying to add a second card back then instead of just replacing this one, so I could get the stage display working.

Is there any specific brand you'd recommend, or should I just get the one from Dell?

(Though it would be nice to have some more display ports on it)

Yeah, that's it. I was looking into it a year or two ago. But thinking back on it I might've been trying to add a second card back then instead of just replacing this one, so I could get the stage display working.

Is there any specific brand you'd recommend, or should I just get the one from Dell?

(Though it would be nice to have some more display ports on it)

I would definitely AVOID that Dell card. It is overpriced, is a blower fan which will be noisier, and only has 3 outputs. I would look at places like Newegg, B&H Photo, Amazon, Microcenter, even Best Buy etc. and see what 1660 Supers they have available with 4 outputs (you can get adapters to go from HDMI to DisplayPort or DP to HDMI, so any combination of 4 HDMI & DP will be fine). I would go with a dual or single fan AIB Partner card as they will be small enough to fit in that case and will be a lot quieter than a blower card like that Dell. I'm 99% certain that a tripple fan card will be too long to fit so avoid one of those. I'm partial to Gigabyte, EVGA, and Zotac personally, but the dual fan Gigabyte seems to be out of stock except for a couple of places with scalper prices. You should be able to find one for under $250 or $260 US.

I would definitely AVOID that Dell card. It is overpriced, is a blower fan which will be noisier, and only has 3 outputs. I would look at places like Newegg, B&H Photo, Amazon, Microcenter, even Best Buy etc. and see what 1660 Supers they have available with 4 outputs (you can get adapters to go from HDMI to DisplayPort or DP to HDMI, so any combination of 4 HDMI & DP will be fine). I would go with a dual or single fan AIB Partner card as they will be small enough to fit in that case and will be a lot quieter than a blower card like that Dell. I'm 99% certain that a tripple fan card will be too long to fit so avoid one of those. I'm partial to Gigabyte, EVGA, and Zotac personally, but the dual fan Gigabyte seems to be out of stock except for a couple of places with scalper prices. You should be able to find one for under $250 or $260 US.

Alright, thanks for the info and the help. I'll check those out and see if we have the budget for it. Now hopefully I won't have to upgrade the PSU too.