Requesting Huichol Bible (Kakaɨyari Niukieya Xapayari Wixarikakɨ)

Dear Partners at EasyWorship,

There is an ethnic group of "native Mexicans" (Huichol) in our Mexican church that uses EasyWorship 6. This past year the translation and printing of the entire Bible in the Huichol language was completed. Unfortunately, there is no Huichol Bible available within the EasyWorship program, and we would like to request this. We have the digital manuscript available, and we would like to get the Bible in the Huichol language installed in our EasyWorship account.

The specific Huichol Bible we would like to request is called Kakaɨyari Niukieya Xapayari Wixarikakɨ. The copyright is held by SIL International with public administration by Wycliffe Bible Translators USA. Loren Hawthorne is the contact person for this. He is authorized as intellectual property rights custodian for the Mexico Branch.

He can be contacted at the following e-mail address: Loren Hawthorne <loren_hawthorne@sil.org>

If more information is required, please let me know so we can help provide whatever is necessary to proceed with this process. 

Kind regards,

Deborah Mellberg (for Martín García)

Four months ago, I provided the contact information for SIL, the organization that holds the Copyright for the Huichol Bible we requested. I notified Loren Hawthorne that he would be contacted by EW for the authorization necessary to proceed with this project.  Since I have not heard back from EW, I'm wondering if there is something else I can do from my end to help expedite the process.   Thank you,  DM

Ten months ago, I provided the contact information for SIL, the organization that holds the Copyright for the Huichol Bible we requested. I notified Loren Hawthorne that he would be contacted by EW for the authorization necessary to proceed with this project.  Since I had not heard back from EW, I posted a followup comment six months ago to see if there is something I can do to make this happen. Again, I'm wondering if there is something else I can do from my end to help expedite the process.   Thank you,  DM

Hi, Debbie. We are currently revamping our bible request procedures. I apologize that you have not received a response to your post sooner. I have documented your request. Could you tell me the official abbreviation for this particular translation? Could you also provide the website for the publisher? 

In the meantime, please review the information regarding bible requests and the development process here:  PLEASE READ BEFORE MAKING A REQUEST - Bible Development Pipeline Explained : EasyWorship 

Hi, Leslie. Thank you for replying to my previous requests made via this Easy Worship Bible Request Forum. I was reluctant to submit follow-up requests because I understand that working on this project requires time and patience, but our Huichol brothers and sisters would love to have this excellent tool operable in their language. I read the information regarding Bible requests meticulously and followed the instructions precisely when I submitted the original request 11 months ago, again 4 months ago, and again 2 weeks ago.

The specific Huichol Bible we would like to request is called Kakaɨyari Niukieya Xapayari Wixarikakɨ. The official code for their language is HCH. I don’t know which publisher website you need. The copyright is held by SIL International with public administration by Wycliffe Bible Translators USA. Loren Hawthorne is the contact person for this. He is authorized as intellectual property rights custodian for the Mexico Branch. Loren has been expecting to hear from Easy Worship since the original request was made.

He can be contacted at the following e-mail address:

Loren Hawthorne <loren_hawthorne@sil.org>

Thank you for documenting my request.

Kind regards,

Debbie Mellberg

Hi, Debbie. You have been very meticulous in the information provided and it is very much appreciated. We value that detail and have documented it all. One of steps in the process is to asses the number of requests received for the particular translation you are requesting. We receive many requests weekly for translations that our customers would like to have added to the software. Once sufficient interest in a requested version is received, we will proceed with contacting the copyright holder about that bible.

Login to post a comment