Answered

Easy Worship on a Win 7 PC?

Our Church has purchased and registered a copy of Easy Worship and it is installed on a Win 10 PC at the Church. I need to install it at home on a Win 7 PC. I can install it and create a schedule and display it on my screen just like I can on the Church PC, but it has the watermark on each image when I run the presentation. When I try to register it at home (on the Win 7 PC) I use the same credentials as I use successfully for this site and I get an error "Access violation at address 0117BA35 in module 'EasyWorship.exe'. Read of address 00000008".

Has anyone gotten the latest version to work with Win 7? I know it's not supposed to be compatible, but all I need at this time is the ability to display the "slides" in a schedule without the watermark so I can screenshot them. Do you know of a previous Win 7 compatible version that I can download for free (since we do legally own the latest version)?

If it helps, we did own a previous, Win 7 compatible version when I first started working for the Church, but an over-zealous IT person wiped out the PC it was installed on and we no longer had the licensing info - that's why we had to buy the current version.

Best Answer

The latest build of EW7 that will run properly on Windows 7 is 7.1.4.2. Schedules that are created with it are compatible with the latest releases and schedules created with the latest builds are compatible with 7.1.4.2. You can download build 7.1.4.2 from the EW7 download page. It's at the bottom of the page. I would provide a link to it but everytime I put links in a post the posts never appear. Not sure what EW Support is doing and why they are blocking these posts for including a link to an EW Support Page.

As for licensing issues, you would need to contact EW by phone or submit a ticket to work that out. They should be able to recover your old license if it was registered to your Church. There should be no reason to have purchase a new license because of that.

1 Comment

Answer

The latest build of EW7 that will run properly on Windows 7 is 7.1.4.2. Schedules that are created with it are compatible with the latest releases and schedules created with the latest builds are compatible with 7.1.4.2. You can download build 7.1.4.2 from the EW7 download page. It's at the bottom of the page. I would provide a link to it but everytime I put links in a post the posts never appear. Not sure what EW Support is doing and why they are blocking these posts for including a link to an EW Support Page.

As for licensing issues, you would need to contact EW by phone or submit a ticket to work that out. They should be able to recover your old license if it was registered to your Church. There should be no reason to have purchase a new license because of that.

Login to post a comment