[RESOLVED] using Blackmagic Intensity Pro PCIe capture card]

I tried using EW09 to create a feed, but had no luck. Now I'm trying EW6. When the camera is plugged in to the capture card I get an image in the Blackmagic Media Express software, but not in EW. EW sees the capture card & gives me 2 choices: Blackmagic WDM capture or Decklink Video Capture. I've tried both. Actually, I've tried changing every different combination of settings I come across. Still no luck. Obviously, I'm a typical church volunteer & have no clue what I'm doing (ok...a clue, but a little one ). I get the feeling it's just a simple settings issue, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out. Is there any sort of walkthrough video for this? Do you guys do remote troubleshooting? My setup is below. Thanks!

PS - Pastor was hoping we could use the camera in a couple of weeks. I'm getting desperate...HELP!

My computer:
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5 4460 at 3.4Ghz
8 Gb ram
1Tb hard drive
120Gb SS drive
GeForce GTX750 graphics card
EasyWorship6 v6.3.2 (I think...I'll have to double check that)

Blackmagic Intensity Pro PCIe capture card
Canon Vixia G20 video camera (records in 1080)

I am using the Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K card. My projectors are 1080 X 768 XGA on a VGA output. I am able to set up a feed using an old camera with s-video output into the Blackmagic card. This works very well and I can show a live video feed as full screen, picture in picture in an Easy Worship Presentation and as a background for scripture and songs. This makes me a very happy camper for a one camera presentation.

However all the new camera's I have tried are HDMI output and I can not get them to feed over my VGA 1080 X 768 Easy Worship output to my projectors. Is it possible to mix my VGA output with a HDMI digital input in Easy Worship?

My future plan was to use a simple Video mixer to switch video between three PZT camera's on the input side of Easy Worship. will this work, or do I need to use the new Alpha Channel on the output of Easy worship to feed something like the New Tech Mini. Like many others I am a newbe volunteer trying to understand what is possible with the wonderful new features of Easy Worship 6. Hope this makes a little bit of sense.
Yeah...I think that crash problem was an EW09 thing anyways.

Hey, that's awesome about the lag. I'm excited to try this out. Thanks again...you the man!
Hello!

I do not know about a crash problem.

If there is a lag it will be in the mirco seconds so it should not be to noticeable. The only lag that I remember was in using an older usb type capture card.
Hey, I meant to ask, I read something somewhere here, maybe in another post, that the camera feed can crash the program when going live from preview & you need to make a song with the video feed as the background as a work around? I wish I could remember the exact problem & circumstances. Does this sound familiar to you? Is this issue worked out? It might have been an EW09 problem. Another question I wanted to ask about was, is there lag in the video, & if there is, is there a way to fix it? I got the camera working, but I was by myself. I haven't had a chance to see how it works with someone talking live & being seen from a distance too.

I did get a chance to mess around with EW6 on my laptop at home & used my web cam as a feed for testing things out. I actually set the feed as the logo & that seemed to work well. Any time I wanted just a live picture I could hit the logo button. I also had it set to be the back ground for songs & scriptures & that worked out pretty good too. I even created a song called Service Notes so that I could put up the pastors notes below him on the screen. Looking forward to "playing around" with this.
Terry,

That worked simply & perfectly...THANK YOU!!! We are soooo excited to add a camera.
LOL...cool...I thought so, but I didn't want to miss something. Thank you so much. I'll give it a try & let you know how it goes!
Just ignore that part.
Terry,

Thanks! I'll give this a go. The only thing I'm not sure about is at the beginning - "Plug the USB 3.0 cable into the USB 3.0 port on the computer"? My capture card is PCIe with HDMI input. Am I missing something?
Hello!

You will need to make sure that you have installed build 3.3.

Plug the USB 3.0 cable into the USB 3.0 port on the computer.

Go to the BlackMagic Design website https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/

Click on SUPPORT

Under SELECT A PRODUCT FAMILY, select Capture and Playback

Under LATEST DOWNLOADS select the SOFTWARE UPDATE DESKTOP VIDEO and click on the WINDOWS link.

On the screen that opens up click on DOWNLOAD ONLY.

Save the Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Windows_*.* file to your computer.

Open the zip file and double click on the DESKTOP VIDEO INSTALLER

Install the software

After the software is installed you will need to reboot your computer.

Open up the BLACKMAGIC DESKTOP VIDEO UTILITY and then click on the Options SYMBOL

Make sure to change the OUTPUT FORMAT TO 1080i59.94

Then click SAVE

Click on YES if another screen pops up.

Open EW6 click on MEDIA then FEEDS

Click on the + Symbol in the center column at the bottom of the Feeds list

In the FEED EDITOR under AVAILABLE INPUT DEVICES window change INPUT DEVICE to DECKLINK VIDEO CAPTURE

Under DEVICE OPTIONS change the RESOLUTION to 1080

Give your feed name and click OK.

Now you can use the feed alone or as a background.