[v6 General Discussion] Kudos (at last!) to EW

I've been a 'critical friend' of EW, esp EW6 for some time but I have to say that with the latest update I think that we are getting close to a pretty decent product. The 'check schedule for changes' is a most welcome (if long-overdue) enhancement. Generally the product seems more stable and I'm so thankful that the guys listened to the howls of protest over the drag to create presentations 'feature' and came up so promptly with a much better way of achieving this. I also like the new arrow button for advancing powerpoint presentations (does this also appear with EW native presentations?)

I still find certain features of the user interface very odd - why do we have close windows with the X in the top right corner of the window, instead of the normal interface convention of a 'save' button when, for example adding copyright information to songs? - why do the options window settings trump settings saved in Themes as another example. And with ref to the update schedule feature why is the button to activate updates labelled 'import' when it really means 'save changes'?

A wee bug which I encounter just occasionally so haven't been able to track down the cause is that sometimes the 'live' window doesn't update the slide / song verse number as the presentation / song is advanced. So, for example, it will remain stuck on 1/x despite the fact that I am now on slide 2 or 3 etc. Quitting and reopening fixes this little glitch.

But overall, I think that at long last Softouch finally have a product which lives up to its name and is truly 'easy' worship.
1 Comment

Hi John,
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm confused about the arrow for PowerPoint. There have always been arrows below the PowerPoint in the live area, but there is no new arrow for PowerPoints. There is a problem that Microsoft introduced with the creators update that causes a play button to appear at the top left of the life output, but that is not a feature, just a result of Microsoft breaking something. [attachment=0:5okeuhgn]powerpoint play button.png[/attachment:5okeuhgn]

This may go away once we fix the issue, but you've always been able to click on the live window to advanced to the next slide, so that functionality won't change even if the play button goes away.

We are working on some of the UI usability issues you described. I've added the save button as a request.

A wee bug which I encounter just occasionally so haven't been able to track down the cause is that sometimes the 'live' window doesn't update the slide / song verse number as the presentation / song is advanced. So, for example, it will remain stuck on 1/x despite the fact that I am now on slide 2 or 3 etc. Quitting and reopening fixes this little glitch.

We've been trying to track down the cause of this one too. We just can't replicate it well enough to fix it.