[v6 General Discussion] Powerpoint title changing

I'm finding that when I open a schedule that I have saved that the powerpoint titles have been changed to names that appear pretty random, for example, 5rdnp. The powerpoint still works fine - it is just the title that has been altered by easyworship when opening. It is not a big issue but when I have 3 or 4 powerpoints in the schedule it is now hard to work out which is which. I'm using current version of easyworship, windows 10 and the up to date version of powerpoint.

Hi Andrew!

I am sorry that you are having this problem. Open EasyWorship and then click on HELP//ABOUT EASYWORSHIP let me know which build number you are running. Also What version of PowerPoint do you have installed?
It's Easyworship Build 5.5 and Powerpoint 2016. I think the problem might have coincided with a windows 10 update? Can't think of anything else that will have just caused it to start.

Andrew
I have seen this a couple of times - both after Windows 10 updates.
We deleted the strangely named file and loaded the original PowerPoint file again.
This solved the problem and it hasn't returned.
It could be to do with Windows rather than EasyWorship.
If we delete the powerpoint file from the schedule and add it again it works fine but then when we save the schedule and reopen it it will quite often recur. It doesn't happen all the time but quite a lot of the time.
Just spent a bit of more time looking at the issue.
All the powerpoints in old schedules created more than a week or so ago have the issue and if I add a powerpoint to them the name still changes. However, if I create a new schedule from scratch then powerpoints work as they should. It is as if all my old schedules have become corrupted.
For the future it looks like it will work fine although it's a bit bizarre.
This is a bug that causes the PowerPoint name to change to the file name in the schedule file that is referenced on the back end instead of the friendly name that you normally would recognize it by. This happens if you refresh the thumbnails if you added the slideshow to the schedule without adding it to the presentations area first. It will be fixed in the next update.