[v6 General Discussion] DVD Edit / Play Issues

[color=#FF0000:2zpmpm8x]UPDATE: DVD plays Ok in VLC. SINCE INSTALLING VLC EW6 DVD FEATURES NOW SEEM TO WORK[/color:2zpmpm8x] - keen to understand what happened here!

First to say that I have read all the relevant posts / help I can find and implemented all the latest / suggested actions.

We are having issues with creating /playing DVD clips on our church laptop. Possibly related to Windows 10 &/or codecs not being initiated?

On the church laptop (HP Core i3, 4Gb ram, W10 64 bit,Intel HD Graphics))
We could not create a clip. The editor opened up and the 'spinning wheel' cursor appeared ("DVD Clip Editor not responding"). I waited for quite some time, then when I clicked anywhere EW6 'greyed out' and the only thing I could do was to end the task. I repeated this a few times. Eventually one of our other operators suggested checking some of the default settings - we reset Windows Media player to have all its defaults (it previously had 28 out of 56). This let the clip editor work (for reasons I don't understand) and I created a clip, played it and saved it into a schedule.

However when I now try to play the clip from the schedule on the laptop EW6 freezes (with the DVD constantly clicking) and I have to end the task in Task Manager. The same happens if I double click the clip in the Media Tab. When I try to create a clip I am back to the original scenario of a frozen EW6 - and I have to end the task to exit.

If I click Help / Video Codec - the list is always blank.

EW6.4.8 / Quicktime installed / DScaler5008 Installed /
Preferred DVD Codecs Checked.
MP4 video clips work fine.
DVD drive autoplay is turned off.

(IEW2009 & Klite codecs also installed)[/i]

On my home desktop Everything appears to work as expected. I can play the clip from the schedule saved on the laptop. I can create a clip, play it, save it in the schedule and replay when the schedule is reloaded.

When I look at Help /Video Codecs I see the (expected) list?
DVD (MANUAL) - 24/01/2016 14:58:37
DVD Navigator (Default)
Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
LAV Audio Decoder
Video Mixing Renderer 9
Default DirectSound Device

DVD (MANUAL) - 24/01/2016 14:55:11
DVD Navigator (Default)
Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
LAV Audio Decoder
Video Mixing Renderer 9
Default DirectSound Device

(Windows 7)
EW6.4.8 / Quicktime installed /
Just noticed that apparently I do NOT have DScaler5008 Installed but it seems to work
Preferred DVD Codecs Checked.

(EW2009 & Klite codecs also installed)
1 Comment

Thanks for sharing this.
If the codec list is blank, EasyWorship isn't finding the codecs it needs, or there is something wrong with the codecs that are installed. I would think installing K-Lite may have helped clean up broken codecs.
This is definitely not the normal process for getting DVDs working EasyWorship 6.
Normally you just install DScaler and that's it.