[v6 General Discussion] Powerpoint application opens when trying to show ppt in Easy worship

Whenever we try and Go Live with a powerpoint, Easyworship will open up the PowerPoint application instead of running it in Easy Worship. All that shows on the live view in Easy Worship is a black screen.
We have no control over Ppt in Easyworship. Rather odd.

Any ideas?

Hi!

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Here are a few things to look at.
First make sure that you are running the most current build number which is EW6.4.8
In EW click on EDIT//OPTIONS//ADVANCED and make sure that you do not have the box checked for EW to use the PowerPoint Viewer.

You can also call tech support and we can take a look at the issue.
I have tried with the Powerpoint viewer option checked and unchecked.
I have also checked for updates and Easyworship says that it is up to date.
We are running PowerPoint 2013, could that cause a problem?

How do I go about calling tech support?
Phone:+1 918-250-1493

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST
I have this same problem, but only with some Powerpoint presentations -- not with all of the ones I create. It primarily happens with Powerpoint presentations using PPT templates that I purchased (not the standard ppt templates that came with my Powerpoint 2013). But most of those purchased templates work just fine, too -- just some only produce a black live screen in EW6, and sometimes they load the Powerpoint program and play, instead of playing through EW6.

I assist a ministry head by creating Powerpoints on my computer for use in EW6, and test them on EW6 on my PC. The church has Powerpoint 2016 with an adequate laptop to handle EW6.

I will transfer the files to the church laptop and see if the problem persists. I'm on a woefully under-powered PC so I'm attributing it to that. I hope they work in EW6 on the church's laptop.
You might try right clicking your powerpoint files and clicking properties. Make sure there isn't an unblock button there. If so, click the unblock button. This will appear if the file has been downloaded from the internet.