[v6 General Discussion] Schedule/database

Hello,

I think I've read about this in discussions about the beta, but I need to bring it up again...

I'm really struggling with the lack of interaction between the schedule and the database. That is to say, if I make changes to a song in the database, there isn't a way to transfer that to an item already in a schedule, and vice-versa.
Especially for some of our volunteers, it's helpful to build and edit songs in 2009, and then just import the schedule into EW6. This is working quite well. But, if we have a new song, there's no way from me to just transfer it from the schedule into the database, or to copy over all the edits.
This may not be a thing that some users worry about at all, but it's actually a big deal for me. It severely restricts my database management.

I also have had trouble importing songs from SongSelect. I can just copy and paste, but then what's even the point of SongSelect?

For the most part, I'm really, really happy with EW6. Videos always work now; video playback on the foldback is awesome; much more control of transitions and formatting. and I know you guys are working really hard to keep improving it. Thanks for your hard work.

Hello,

I'm really struggling with the lack of interaction between the schedule and the database. That is to say, if I make changes to a song in the database, there isn't a way to transfer that to an item already in a schedule, and vice-versa.
Especially for some of our volunteers, it's helpful to build and edit songs in 2009, and then just import the schedule into EW6. This is working quite well. But, if we have a new song, there's no way from me to just transfer it from the schedule into the database, or to copy over all the edits.
This may not be a thing that some users worry about at all, but it's actually a big deal for me. It severely restricts my database management.
[color=#FF0000:3d9znhuj]The update local machine option is coming in an update but there is no time on when that will be released.[/color:3d9znhuj]

I also have had trouble importing songs from SongSelect. I can just copy and paste, but then what's even the point of SongSelect?
[color=#FF0000:3d9znhuj]If you are using EW6 all you do is click on Web,Song Select, Login, search for a song, click on it and make sure that you are on the Lyrics tab and then click Import. You should not be using cut and paste to add it from SongSelect[/color:3d9znhuj]

For the most part, I'm really, really happy with EW6. Videos always work now; video playback on the foldback is awesome; much more control of transitions and formatting. and I know you guys are working really hard to keep improving it. Thanks for your hard work.

[color=#FF0000:3d9znhuj]Thank You![/color:3d9znhuj]
When I select a song in the schedule, but want to edit it in the resource area, I have to search for it down there to find it down there. What I want is a song to be visible and selected in the resource area every time I have selected it in the schedule.