[v6 General Discussion] Projection Problems or operator error?

Hi. Thanks for all the hard work and continued improvements to EW6.
The specs of the laptop I use:
Windows 8 64-bit
8GB RAM
IntelCore i7 2.20 GHz
Intel Graphics 4000 (I sure hope your answer isn't the standard "Your graphics card isn't right.")
SSD (211GB free)

Now my question/issue: Could the projector we use be to old to handle what EW6 is outputting? I ask because what's been happening is that when we Go Live, we see a white screen unless we first go into EW6 options and adjust the Live Options Output Position with a Left setting of 1195. Width is 1209 and Height is 768. I had to tweak the screen margins too. Things were just fine for a while so I don't know what's changed. It's as if EW6 won't auto adjust to the output display. I also have to adjust the page layout of my ppt presentation in order for that to fit. We use the high school tech booth and they're changing things around so we never know what we're going to find each Sunday morning, and my only time to practice with that specific output is Sunday's from 8am -9:50am! Though 9-9:50 is supposed to be rehearsal. We are currently connecting directly to the projector using VGA. We don't use foldback, just extend our display. Any guidance is much appreciated.

I've checked the other suggestions I've seen relating to ppt projection, Windows display is set to 100% scaling, and disable display scaling on high DPI settings is checked.

Thanks in advance!
-Stephanie
1 Comment

Have you connected a monitor directly to laptop?
What does Windows show as your monitors' resolutions?

The numbers you give don't seem "right" to me. Most laptops have screen resolution of 1366x768 newer models are full HD (1920x1080) or higher. Older projectors have resolution of 1024x768 while newer models are 1280x800 or 1920x1080.

Monitors and projectors will attempt to display non-native resolutions; but you may need to tell projector to auto-adjust to "fix" display. I had to do this when we started using 1280x1024 resolution on our older 1024x768 projector (Foldback) but the new 1280x800 projectors (Live) didn't need auto-adjustment. We have two computers connected one with discrete ports and another with a Matrox DualHead2Go.