[v6 General Discussion] Update (6.3) issues

Have just updated to 6.3. Started to prepare schedule for Sunday. Now cannot edit Scripture correctly in the schedule editor. Cannot turn off "show reference" on each slide - unticking it in Menu>Options has no effect - so now have to go through each slide and delete it. Changing font and font size to our required point size does not appear to work until - selecting Trebuchet 48pt disconcertingly appears to do nothing either in Editor or Inspector until clicking out - which happens when editing songs, scripture and presentations in the schedule and in editor. It happens on two different PCs.

Some saved themes appear to have lost settings like vertical centering, and left and right margin settings have been changed.

Randomly removed all content from three stored Presentation files (and changed the layout format when they were restored from back-ups).

Access violation errors are again appearing - they weren't in 6.2.

Would like to link the schedule to the database so that updates on either are made automatically.

[post edited for content]

Ano issue with scripture is that you used to be able to type the book refence "Exo" and EW would find Exodus, still does, but now when I right arrow to jump to Ch it now jumps to the next verse. I know have to either complete typing the book or mouse click to ch.
Possible bug with song/scripture editor: the drop down font size box (v handy) when you select the size you want the box no longer disappears and the selected text does not change size until you click somewhere else on screen. This means if you are not sure what font size you want you loose the preview and have to jump back and forth.
Ctrl V still does not work to song editor title box it still pastes to label field of first slide.
Copying one label then pasting it to the next slide label (same song) also still inserts an extra line in the label field.
Having watched the youtube videos I still have the "Ctrl V still does not work to song editor title box it still pastes to label field of first slide" problem. I honestly believe this is a bug as the video is for an older version of EW than current and the current behaviour is not whats shown in the video. If I do exactly what's shown the Cut text reappears in the label field of first slide. Having said that it's easy to work around, simply right click and select paste.
When typing scripture reference use Tab to move to next field, e.g. Exo, Tab, 3, Tab, 3-7.

A default scripture theme will set the Font attributes and background. This is especially useful when specific attributes are required.

The Ctrl-V behavior occurs on first action after starting edit. Click somewhere in song allows paste to work properly; also Shift-Insert not affected by this bug.

The font size drop down selector's behavior has changed, both schedule and resource editor versions. It no longer reacts to selections. The bottom two related auto sizing will show selection but it doesn't close after selection. Font sizes don't remain selected, typing in size only way to be certain correct size is applied.

My themes don't appear to have been affected, I don't use presentations and Access Violation errors.
When typing scripture reference use Tab to move to next field, e.g. Exo, Tab, 3, Tab, 3-7.
This makes sense of course, I just need to retrain some muscle memory.

A default scripture theme will set the Font attributes and background. This is especially useful when specific attributes are required.
I do for scripture but don't for songs, I like to be able to vary font size for different songs and different parts of songs.

The Ctrl-V behavior occurs on first action after starting edit. Click somewhere in song allows paste to work properly; also Shift-Insert not affected by this bug.
I ctrl V from copying song title from Word 2010, that's been my workflow for years with EW2009 and then to EW6, bit annoying to select the title box in editor, have cursor flashing there and then to have pasting occur elsewhere. Hopefully being fixed.

The font size drop down selector's behavior has changed, both schedule and resource editor versions. It no longer reacts to selections. The bottom two related auto sizing will show selection but it doesn't close after selection. Font sizes don't remain selected, typing in size only way to be certain correct size is applied.

My themes don't appear to have been affected, I don't use presentations and Access Violation errors.
Have you tried using the import option in the song editor? It might be able to import the text and format it properly without the copy and paste procedure you are going through.

The issue with the font sizing drop down has been fixed in 6.3.1, which was released today. 6-22-15
Have you tried using the import option in the song editor? It might be able to import the text and format it properly without the copy and paste procedure you are going through.

The issue with the font sizing drop down has been fixed in 6.3.1, which was released today. 6-22-15

Apologies, I should have given complete workflow. I scan and ocr hymns using OneNote, then send text to Word so I have them for any future projects or needs outside of EW. For EW6 I always use the import option and for the slides the formatting is usually bang on as I use the same formatting in Word and have set defaults font sizes etc in EW. I tend to tweak a bit as some songs have longer verses than others or I might want to add emphasise or something else. For saving the newly imported song you have to add a title in the title box so I either highlight the title from the Word doc or from the first slide if EW then Ctrl C, select title box of song editor so that cursor flashes there then Ctrl V. That's where the problem arises, Ctrl V'ing, the text does not appear after the cursor but appears in the first slide. If I right click then select paste the text goes where it should.
Oh, and thanks for fix to drop down font box, champion
I got it now. Wow, that's a weird one for sure. I'll make sure it's posted in our bug log. Thanks for catching that.
Of course now you can right click, but I know how annoying it is.