[v6 General Discussion] Version 2.3

Hello all,

Here is a copy of the email that I sent support. I thought that I would also try here:

My church, Word Alive Fellowship, has a license purchased back in Nov. 2004. The version of the software we have been using is version 2.3 build 11. I just installed a new computer and downloaded version 2007 build 1.7, validated our serial number and it is up and running.

I can't find any info, though, about how to transfer the song database from the old computer to the new one. All info I have found involve either using the 'Profiles' menu(which the older version does not have) or copying the 'resources' folder over(which hasn't worked).

All help in getting the song database transferred over would be greatly appreciated. I can send you our serial number if you need it.

Thank You

To elaborate, the 2.3 software would not install because it is not compatible with 64 bit windows. Again, any help would be appreciated.
1 Comment

On the old computer browse to c:\program files\softouch\easyworship\
Find the data and resources folders.
Copy them to a flash drive.
On the new computer
Browse to c:\users\public\public documents\softouch\easyworship\deafult\databases\ and rename the data folder.
Copy the data folder from the flash drive to c:\users\public\public documents\softouch\easyworship\deafult\databases\
Open EasyWorship 2007 and it will convert the database from the 2.3 format to the 2007 format.
You'll copy the files from the resources folder on the flash drive into the resources folder at the following location c:\users\public\public documents\softouch\easyworship\deafult\
Make sure you don't put resources inside the resources folder.