[v6 General Discussion] background color

I need to be able to make all backgrounds for songs a dark blue with yellow font. I can get the font to change, but there is no options to colors. How can I do this?

[list:2f4cdn9j]1. Use a theme for background and font combination.
2. Create a dark blue JPG that matches your display resolution or aspect ratio, then make it your default background.
3. Wait for EW6 to support creating a default solid or gradient background like EW2009.[/list:u:2f4cdn9j]
You can also go to 'Themes'
click the little gear at the bottom (there are two of them - click the 2nd one, going from left to right)
click 'New Song Theme'
an untitled 'Theme Editor' dialog box will appear
click the GIANT 'Inspector' button/icon in the top right corner

Go to town building yourself a new theme... Then, click 'OK'
click on the little gear again, or right-mouse click on the new theme that you've just made (both short-cut menu and pull-down menu will be identical) and click on the 'Set as Default' link... Logically, all of your themes (for each entry, song, scripture, or media, should become the default theme)... For example, if it's a song theme, all the songs presented should have that theme... If you made a scripture them, all the scripture verses should be presented with the new theme you've built...

You can also use this method to make existing themes the new 'Default' theme...

Hope that this helps...
Shalom...
[Windows 8.1, EW6.1.5]
Going to themes, using the theme editor, and the inspector button I changed our song theme successfully...
However, when I tried to perform the same manuever with our scripture theme I got this error after clicking the 'Set as defaul' link on the short-cut menu...
Access violation at address 00A5DF18
Read of address 0000000

Does't save the new theme or even an existing theme as the default...
Anybody know what's happening and how to fix it???
When I search there are over 100 hits (7+ pages) of access violation issues...

Thanks for any constructive help...
Shalom...
3. Wait for EW6 to support creating a default solid or gradient background like EW2009.

You can already do this with a theme. Create a new theme and set the fill color or gradient color to whatever you desire. Think of themes as backgrounds with more flexibility.

The access violation is a know bug that has been fixed in 6.1.6, soon to be released.
Alienware Aurora R4
i7-4820k processor
8GB at 1600Mhz memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 690
2 1TB hard drives
Blu-Ray reader/player
DVD reader/player
Media card reader
ViewCast Osprey 820e video capture card
So the scripture bug is fixed in the next update... just wanted to make sure you all were aware that the same bug occurs when trying to set the presentation default as well, but at address: 00a5ddb0

Cheers!
Paul
So the scripture bug is fixed in the next update... just wanted to make sure you all were aware that the same bug occurs when trying to set the presentation default as well, but at address: 00a5ddb0

Cheers!
Paul

That's wonderful...
QUESTION: Is there a date when the updated version (6.1.6) will be out in the wild???
We still can't use it (6.1.5) at our church, because of the access violation bug...

That's wonderful...
QUESTION: Is there a date when the updated version (6.1.6) will be out in the wild???
We still can't use it (6.1.5) at our church, because of the access violation bug...

Please explain what access violation bug you are speaking of.
If you are speaking of setting a default scripture theme, you can make the access violation go away by right clicking an image and setting it as a default background for scriptures.
You still cannot set a default theme for scripture, but you can drag and drop a them onto scripture in the schedule.