[v7 General Discussion] EasyWorship crashing on startup

For the past >6 months our EasyWorship has been crashing randomly when started up.

Sometimes it will barely get off of the splash screen before crashing.

Other times it will take 5-10 minutes before it crashes.

It is nothing to do with our song database or media backgrounds as it often crashes before they can even be applied.

We have also had EasyWorship temporarily freeze (and go nonresponsive) for a short time when transitioning slides (probably due to MP4 video backgrounds is my guess but not for sure on that one).

Our computer stats are below.

Is anyone else getting issues like this?

Thanks,

EasyWorship Version 7 Build 7.1.4.2

Window 10 Home

Intel i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz

8GB RAM (Hoping to get 8 more soon)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

First thing I noticed is the graphics card. It isn't even close to adequate for EW 7. The rest of the system is fine, but that graphics card will struggle with anything higher than 360 or possibly 480p graphics. You can try going into Edit - Options - Advanced and checking Disable GPU Shrink Filter as a test to see if EW runs better. If it does then you know that you need to replace your graphics card. I wouldn't run EW long term with that setting checked as it's essentially there for diagnostic purposes.

And are you running off of spinning rust hard drive or an SSD. Running Windows 10 on a spinning hard drive can cause a lot of issues with EW if one doesn't leave enough time after powering on the computer before trying to run EW. Due to all of the diagnostic and telemetry that Windows 10 does when it first starts it can easily take up to an hour for it to finish it all with a spinning hard drive. During the time that time the hard drive is pushed to it's limits making EW extremely difficult to start or run. With an SSD that time is reduced to a few minutes.

If it was me I would spend the money on a better graphics card first, then an SSD if you don't have that already, then the additional ram. The ram would have the least amount of impact on running EW.

This computer is ~3-5 years old so I think those upgrades are viable, its is odd how it will run sometimes though and not other times. I will talk with some other people within our church and see what they want to do.
I've always had a better experience running EW on an ATI/AMD graphics card than Nvidia cards. But no matter what system I'm using I find it's best to wait a few minutes after starting the computer before starting EW, even with an SSD. My current system is a 3900X, 32gigs of ram, an 8 gig Sapphire RX 480 Nitro graphics card, and a 1 gig NVME SSD. Our main sanctuary system is an older i5-2500, 8 gigs of ram, 500gig Sata3 SSD, and a 2 gig Sapphire 7870XT. No problems with either, but I do have the systems highly optimized to remove unnecessary startup programs which helps a lot. And I don't run third party A/V programs either. Just the built in Windows Defender (or whatever they are calling it this week). But I still give the system a few minutes to finish all of the tasks Windows runs in the background.
I too have had that happen on random occasions. We start the PC then click to start EW, the splash screen opens then EW shuts down. Sometimes it fully opens then shuts down. We restart it again and then all has been OK. Very little other software on that PC - only what we need to use in the church.

The difference from above is that our PC is brand new with a top of the line Intel processor, a 500gb SSD + 2 TB HDD and an nVidea RTX 2060 graphics card (2070's and 2080's are very expensive). Even the guys who built it for us were impressed by its power and speed. It boots up in about 5 seconds! Most they build are nothing like this one - but we have had startup issues with EW.

Till recently we have been running EW 7 on a 9 year old PC with a Radeon Graphics card and had no problems. That PC died so we had to buy a new one. Never had an issue with EW on that old PC.
First thing I noticed is the graphics card. It isn't even close to adequate for EW 7. The rest of the system is fine, but that graphics card will struggle with anything higher than 360 or possibly 480p graphics. You can try going into Edit - Options - Advanced and checking Disable GPU Shrink Filter as a test to see if EW runs better. If it does then you know that you need to replace your graphics card. I wouldn't run EW long term with that setting checked as it's essentially there for diagnostic purposes.

And are you running off of spinning rust hard drive or an SSD. Running Windows 10 on a spinning hard drive can cause a lot of issues with EW if one doesn't leave enough time after powering on the computer before trying to run EW. Due to all of the diagnostic and telemetry that Windows 10 does when it first starts it can easily take up to an hour for it to finish it all with a spinning hard drive. During the time that time the hard drive is pushed to it's limits making EW extremely difficult to start or run. With an SSD that time is reduced to a few minutes.

If it was me I would spend the money on a better graphics card first, then an SSD if you don't have that already, then the additional ram. The ram would have the least amount of impact on running EW.