General Remote App Troubleshooting
Modified on: Tue, 28 Jun, 2022 at 12:01 PM
The EasyWorship Remote App is a great tool that allows you to control EasyWorship 7 from your smart phone or tablet.
The Remote App for EasyWorship is available for both iOS and Android.
If you are experiencing various with the EasyWorship Remote App, there are some general Remote App troubleshooting steps you can try resolve those issues.
Make sure the computer and the device are on the same network
You can use WiFi or you can have it hard-wired with the Ethernet cable on the computer, just as long as the computer and the device are on the same network.
Make sure that you are not using the Guest WiFi
Guest WiFi can sometimes segment you off the network so you cannot access other computers.
You may need to uninstall Bonjour and reinstall it
- Close EasyWorship.
- Click on the Windows Logo Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen, and in the search bar type Control Panel.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features. This will open a list of all your installed programs.
- Scroll down and see if you have Bonjour or also Bonjour Print Services installed. If so, right-click on each one and click Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, follow the instructions in this article that will help you reinstall Bonjour:
Installing Bonjour for EasyWorship Remote
Windows Firewall could be blocking remote access
When EasyWorship 7 was first installed, you would have received a prompt from the firewall to allow it through the firewall.
It may be blocking the private network or the public network or both.
Follow the instructions in this article that will help you to allow EasyWorship through the Windows Firewall:
Make sure your computer's network connection is identifying as Private and not Public
This can cause the firewall to be more sensitive and might block EasyWorship.
Server not showing up after installing the Remote App
Uninstall the Remote App on the device. Then when installing the Remote App again, if you get this pop-up message, make sure to click OK.
Make sure you aren't on a WiFi connection that has too many connections
If your access point has too many people trying to use it, you may not be able to get a reliable connection to the EasyWorship computer. You can set up a separate WiFi access point to handle official church business so that you always have a solid network connection between the Remote App device and the EasyWorship computer.
For Android phones that cannot see any servers, try the following:
- Turn on Airplane Mode, then turn Airplane Mode off.
- If this works, go to your phone settings and search for "Switch to mobile data automatically".
- Disable this feature.
- Also try rebooting the phone.
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact EasyWorship Support.