[v7 General Discussion] Powerpoint Continuously Looping

Even though this powerpoint show is set to manual slide change and animation is set On Click, it continues to loop through the slides over and over when in EW. We have EW7.1.4.0 and PPT2010 32bit stand alone version 14.0.7015.1000 on Windows 10 pro 64bit 1903 OS Build 18362.239 and this is for a children's talk tomorrow at 11.00 BST. It works perfectly in Powerpoint.

INSTALLED VERSION INFORMATION

** ComObject32 Info **

FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID

FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID\Default

FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\LocalServer32

FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\LocalServer32\Default

> Full Version Added (14.00, C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office14\POWERPNT.EXE, 32)

** ComObject64 Info **

NOT FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID

** Registry32 Info **

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\InstallRoot\PowerPoint

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\InstallRoot\Path

! Full Version Skipped (12.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - File missing.

! Viewer Skipped (12.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\PPTVIEW.EXE, 32) - File missing.

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\InstallRoot\PowerPoint

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\InstallRoot\Path

! Full Version Skipped (14.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - Already added.

! Viewer Skipped (14.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\PPTVIEW.EXE, 32) - File missing.

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot\PowerPoint

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot\Path

! Full Version Skipped (14.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - Already added.

! Viewer Skipped (14.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\PPTVIEW.EXE, 32) - File missing.

** Registry64 Info **

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

I don't know whether this is the issue or not. I don't have a problem with any other ppts used as sermons.

Thanks

I have been a very long time user of EW and as far back as I can remember, PowerPoints will loop in EW.

I have said, for a very long time "Some People and PowerPoint should not mix!" IN other words, I have seen lots of very sadly/poorly built PP shows.

I also tell people to always put a BLACK slide at the end of their show. Why, Many people will just go through their show and when they get to the last slide will keep clicking away and either running through the show again or the audience is treated to the setup screens plastered all over the big screen - gross! The black slide alerts them that they have in fact got to the end of their show and hopefully don't click any more, or if in EW the operator can see and shut the show down. Even if there is no black slide, the EW operator should be watching the slides and can see they are at the last slide, then be ready to hit the BLACK button to blank it all out, or hit the GO LIVE button to bring in the next screen item.
Nice tip on the black/blank slide at the end. I'm going to have to remember that.
It is not only at the end.

I often have to ask speakers to insert black slides, or at least neutral ones, at points where they don't want the projectionist to continue with the previous slide, i.e. they have moved to a new topic but don't have a slide for it.
This has nothing to do with the operator of EW as the powerpoint loops by itself with no user intervention at all only just by going live from schedule. The powerpoint starts and ends with a blank slide too. The only way to stop it is by moving to the next item in the schedule. When played in PPT it does NOT loop at all.
Please contact support and send them your powerpoint. Are you using viewer or the powerpoint application?
Hi Roger, we're using the full application (default). Will send the PPT to you
I received your slideshow. The last slide is set to transition automatically after 6 seconds. EW will start the slideshow over if you have a transition set on the last slide. Removing that transition should take care of it.
Thanks Rodger, I've updated the PPT user and told him what the problem is. Thanks again for your help.