[v6 General Discussion] How do I use profiles, please?

I think I need to use the additional functionality in profiles/themes in EW6. I have one database of songs (4000+ of them). When used to project in the main Church itself, we need relatively large font size because it's a fairly large building. However, when we have a service in one of the smaller rooms, there's no need for the font size to be nearly as big - indeed, if it is that big, it's difficult to read. I think I should be able to set up two different themes within the same profile to address this. Is that correct?

I think I ought to be able to set up two different themes with different backgrounds and different font sizes. We then need only select the correct theme for a service and the hymns should display correctly. I hope ...

What's bothering me at present is that lots of my hymns seem to have explicit, non-default font sizes set in the database, even though they have just been imported (using ezConvert into EW 2009 and then converting the database to EW6). Have I misunderstood the functionality here? If not, is there any straightforward way to tell 4000+ hymns to revert to default font size as set in the theme? And how exactly do I tell EW that I want to use a particular theme for a particular schedule/service?

Thanks,

Hmmm. Not as flexible - or perhaps I should say not as usable, because in a sense it's too flexible! - as I had hoped. I shall just have to work a little harder when I need to change theme.

Thanks,
You could have another theme called Normal which you set as default and then only apply the other themes to the individual songs.
Does that mean there is no way to tell EW6 that I want the whole of this schedule to be theme X rather than the default unless overridden on a per song basis? I guess it does. This seems a slight oversight in the themes functionality to me. Could you please add this as a feature request for a future version?

Thanks,
Hi!

I created a theme called BIG FONT and another one called LITTLE FONT.
I edited each one under Inspector and set the font to 96 on the BIG FONT and 14 on the LITTLE FONT.
Then I just drop the theme onto the song that I want to make big or small. I hope this helps.