[v6 General Discussion] Not keeping output screen settings

We just changed our projector for an LCD TV. Since, My output screen is always set on Custom Position by default. I need to go in the settings each time I'm using Easyworship 6 to set it to Secondary Monitor.

I'm in extended desktop before running Easyworship.

How can I get Easyworship 6 to keep my output screen on Secondary Monitor?

This appears to be a common problem, ever since we upgraded to EW6 and Windows 10 our projection/display monitor never comes up correctly and has to be changed to secondary monitor too. As you say it never remembers the settings even though the monitors in Windows still remain at the correct settings. I reported this previously but was told it was a Graphics Driver problem but have re-installed Nvidia driver many times to no avail.
I find it depends on what order I switch the monitors on! If the foldback monitor is on before the desktop monitor or the projectors, the output goes to the foldback monitor (annoying as it's behind me and I sometimes forget to check - and panic). Whether it's a Windows 10, EW, or graphics driver problem, it's frustrating. The same hardware setup didn't used to have this problem. Now, it appears not to "remember" which is the primary monitor. Hope this can be fixed soon.
I have not been able to replicate this issue. If the video card turns off the output due to no connection, there is no way that the software can send the output there. There have also been instances where the video card driver and Windows 10 do not agree on the numbering for the screens. This can cause weird issues like this. Please make sure your video card drivers are up to date and setup your screens in the video card software not Windows. I recommend connecting the computer to a distribution amp so that you don't have to worry about what order the screens are turned on, the video card will always have a connection. It sounds like EasyWorship is saving the settings in options, however the video card and or OS are changing the screens around. You may need to call our tech support an have someone remote into the computer to determine what might be causing the problem. If it is not saving the settings there could be an issue with the options file, or the software may not be closing properly so the file isn't getting updated.
I suppose it depends on the graphics card and configuration, we are using an Gigabyte Nvidia GTX960 2GB GDDR5 with Dual DVI, HDMI & DisplayPort. The Nvidia agrees with the Windows 10 configuration and displays the 3 outputs correctly which are from left to right 3, 2, 1 with 2 the default monitor. But once you start EW6 the display comes up as primary and control as secondary, I then change it to correctly put the display to secondary and then drag the control back on to the primary monitor 2.

If you then check with the Nvidia and Windows configuration they are still always correct. We are on the latest Nvidia drivers. It will all work fine until the next time you reboot, so we have to go through this routine each time we use EW6. As I said before the church configuration has never changed since when we had EW2006 with Windows 7 and there was no problems with it then only since Windows 10 / EW6 . It is definitely the fact that EW6 does not save the settings.

Is there no way I can send you our church setup which I have in PDF format?

This is a big issue for us which means we can only use technical people as operators now.

Regds David
You can call us and allow a tech to investigate. It's possible that the options file could be corrupt or may not be saving for some reason.
Go to C:\ProgramData\Softouch\Easyworship.v6.1\Settings
Open ComputerSettings.ini in notepad and you'll see the monitor settings there.
If you are using a custom position, the Monitor Number will be -1 and it will be using the settings shown for Height, left, Top and Width. If you are using a specific monitor, that monitor number will be shown there.
Also go to start, run and type in dxdiag and press enter.
Look at the displays there. Do those numbers match the numbers windows?
Thanks for that info Roger, I wasn't aware that you used an ini file to store EW settings. We are not using a custom setting just primary (2) for Control, secondary(3) for display and Monitor 3(1) for foldback.

┌┐ ┌┐ ┌┐
└┘ └┘ └┘
#3 #2 #1
Disp Cont Fold
Sec Pri Mon3

Thanks David
some settings are stored in db files and some in ini files.
do the dxdiag tabs match EasyWorship or windows?
I'll let you know how it goes Roger as I won't get a chance till Sunday
All went well on Sunday after I updated Windows 10 with the Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3133431). Don't understand how this could affect the graphics setup but for the first time since using Win 10 & EW6 combination we did not have this issue. The monitors were correctly setup on both Nvidia & Windows and I did run dxdiag and as expected it had no errors.
That is Great!!!!
Forgot to say we are using an HDMI extender via cat6 cables.

[url:1wg4ekw1]http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=6532
Unfortunately, it did not last. Yesterday the primary and secondary displays in EW6 were reversed again but not in Windows 10. Once again I have to drag the Control image back from secondary to primary monitor and change the Display monitor back to secondary. After that all works okay again but why can't EW6 remember the settings when it is first switched on?
EasyWorship should be saving the pixel locations in the windowsettings.ini file in %appdata%\Softouch\Easyworship.v6.1\Settings
Try deleting that file and see what happens.
I'm still thinking that Windows is moving things around, thus making the coordinates that EasyWorship saves, wrong when you reboot.
Rodger: Does this discussion have something to do with the issue I have or its all about Granpaw Broon?

I don't know what to do as his issues seems different then mine.

Thanks!