[v6 General Discussion] EW6.2.0 Editor Issues

The song editor is not keeping Ctrl-Enter slide breaks. It shows breaks correctly before save but after re-open it's just a blank line. Schedule editor functioning normally. Perhaps code for that editor can replace song editor.

NOTE: If type on label line it keeps the break. However once I erase label text the slide break also disappears after save.

Thanks for reporting. We are working on this right now.
I was just going to report this. I've had this bug as well. Hopefully a fix can come out quickly because it's a major issue for us.

Thanks,
Ben
Getting frequent Access Violation messages when editing songs - especially when using backspace key, also when creating a new Presentation and when editing Scripture in Schedule. Ctrl/Enter not behaving as it did in previous version - it creates a new slide but does not incorporate the Slide title. Seems like going backwards rather than improving.
Getting frequent Access Violation messages when editing songs - especially when using backspace key, also when creating a new Presentation and when editing Scripture in Schedule. Ctrl/Enter not behaving as it did in previous version - it creates a new slide but does not incorporate the Slide title. Seems like going backwards rather than improving.

The development team is working on it.
Was excited to install Version 6.2.0 to fix the issues we were having. However, we are no longer able to import .rtf files into a Song or Presentation. "Argument Out of Range" error message, have to go to Task Manager to exit program.
Hopefully this is being worked on for a quick release, as this is a show stopper for us. Have several users inquiring about other software options to replace EasyWorship, as we have been struggling with functionality since we installed in in February 2015.
Please a quick patch! Big impact!

The workaround is to place a space in the label (or a label).
Build 6.2.1 was released an hour ago... should fix these errors! Please call Support if you're still having trouble.
Have several users inquiring about other software options to replace EasyWorship, as we have been struggling with functionality since we installed in in February 2015.

What specifically have you been struggling with? Have you already called Support about these issues?
Thanks for the reply. I have not called this in to support as the time I have to work on EW is primarily in the evenings, during non-help desk support hours.

I have posted a couple of issues that we have run into that cause frustrations. If there is a better way to seek assistance on these issues than posting in this forum, please let me know.

1. Slide order in presentation changing. I have not seen this happen since the 6.2.1 release, but we are still uncomfortable in making any last minute changes to a Sunday morning first service presentation, for fears that things will be jumbled out of order for the second service.

2. Importing from .rtf (just posted this issue, must be a bug as I doubt the functionality of importing underlined text would have been purposely removed).

3. Changes made to Presentation files - not clear on why selections of the Presentation file (in our case, Order of Worship) would change when those portions are edited from within the Schedule.

4. Transferring data between computers. I can create a schedule and include Scripture references on one computer, but that is all I can transfer to the Church computer as we are not able to move a Song or Presentation easily. Have been limited to editing and creating on the Church computer, again during evening hours.

5. Lack of a 'undo' feature in any of the editors

6. Setting and changing backgrounds seems overly complicated - could be that we still don't know what we are doing with this.

All in all, we have invested quite a bit of time in this program - I personally want to stick it out and make it work. Any assistance you can offer to 'put the Easy back into EasyWorship' would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
Problem with this and 6.2.1 is that CTRL-V for the title section of song editor doesn't work when I am trying to copy and paste song title from Word 2010. The text is actually pasted into the label section of the first slide even though I have selected the Title section, "focused" on it. Right click and "paste" into the Title section does put text where it is expected to go.
Thanks for the reply. I have not called this in to support as the time I have to work on EW is primarily in the evenings, during non-help desk support hours.

I have posted a couple of issues that we have run into that cause frustrations. If there is a better way to seek assistance on these issues than posting in this forum, please let me know.

No problem! I'll assign a Support Technician to resolve these issues for you. Since calling Support isn't convenient for you, let's try email. Will you please message me your email address so we can get in touch with you?
Problem with this and 6.2.1 is that CTRL-V for the title section of song editor doesn't work when I am trying to copy and paste song title from Word 2010. The text is actually pasted into the label section of the first slide even though I have selected the Title section, "focused" on it. Right click and "paste" into the Title section does put text where it is expected to go.

Have you checked out our YouTube channel? Here's "Working With Songs - Part 1" , where our trainer explains the Song Editor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMDAQMs ... fSDI_jJLJh

If this video doesn't address your particular issue with copy and paste in the Title section, please try video 2 and 3. If that doesn't help, please email support@easyworship.com. Thanks!