AMD Video Card question

Has anyone had success livestreaming through EW 7 with an AMD video card?  Our computer is fairly new, but it is AMD architecture.  Everything on EW site says you need Intel.  We have been having random freezes with video play, and I suspect I need a more powerful video card, but I do not want to have to get an entirely new computer.  Anybody had luck with EW 7 using all its capabilities with an AMD card?

EW clearly states that Intel graphics are not supported so I don't know where you are getting the idea that you need Intel graphics. EW recommends Nvidia graphics, although AMD graphics will also work. But it has more to do with which specific NVidia or AMD graphics you are using. It has to be powerful enough to handle the graphics load. I personally use an AMD RX 480 that was released in 2016 that handles EW quite well.

Your best option is to list your complete system specs, in detail so we have some idea what you are working with and be able to make some valid recommendations.

Click on the Windows icon (Start menu) at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen,

Type in "DXDIAG" and click on 'DXDIAG.exe' or 'DXDIAG run command',

Click Yes when a yes/no question appears,

Click on Save All Information.. at the bottom-right of the DXDIAG window,

Save the information under an obvious name such as "dxdiagoutput_your user name",

Attach the saved file in your post

I am not sure why my comments aren't showing up.  One showed as blank.  I am waiting to see if they do before posting again.

EW Support might need to approve the attachment or link so it might take it awhile for it to show up. Give it some time, or just copy and paste the information directly into a post.

What's crazy is I never had an attachment.  It was always cut and paste.  lol  computer was updating so I couldn't run the diagnostic

Who knows. It's the InterWebs. Stuff happens.

I even posted a comment right before that one where I typed the specs and it hasn't come through. lol

EW Support might need to approve the attachment or link so it might take it awhile for it to show up. Give it some time, or just copy and paste the information directly into a post.

I give up.  I have copied and pasted the info every time, but any time I enter a spec, the comment doesn't appear.

Ryzen 5 3600

40 gb ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

Well, evidently it doesn't like my hard drive info.  I did one line at a time to see what wouldn't work.  It has a 240 gig solid state drive and a 2 terabyte hard drive

Based on what you have posted so far I don't see anything that would cause a problem. Your RX 580 should easily handle any 1080p video and even some 4k video. We run a Ryzen 3600 out our Church with only 16 gigs of ram and a 500 GB Sata 3 SSD (I run a 3900x with 32 gigs of ram at home with a 1TB NVME SSD). I would start by doing some diagnostics of your OS install. I'm going to assume you are running Win 10 so here is what I would recommend to start with.

Open administrative command prompt and type each of the following lines and press enter so they run to completion:
1) sfc /scannow
2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
3) chkdsk /scan

That should get you started.

Login to post a comment