Public Beta testing

Hello EasyWorship Community!
We are getting ready to release a new version that includes some new features, including Alternate Output and we would like some more beta testers. We have done a lot of private beta testing to clean up a lot of things in this new build and are ready to open the testing up to the public. Installing the beta will install separately from your current version and will not affect your current version. It will use the same database if you're using a profile called Default, so any changes made to your database in the beta, you will see those if/when you go back to your current version. Please make sure you are currently running the latest update available from our downloads page before installing the beta.

If you do have a one-time purchase license and would like to play with/test the features, you can install the beta. You will just need to sign out of your account in the beta and run it as a demo to see the new features.

We do not recommend using this beta in a live service.
If you do find any bugs, have any questions, or have any suggestions, please comment on this post and we will be monitoring it.

Here is a basic list of the new features, enhancements, and fixes in this beta.

Feature: Alternate Output
Feature: Shapes
Feature: Element Rotation
Feature: Contiguous view
Feature: Reflection blur
Feature: Added CTRL and ALT functions in editor for resizing elements

Enhancement: Enlarged font size on Print Schedule Details.
Enhancement: Added Apply/OK/Close buttons to editors.
Enhancement: Schedule right-click works even if schedule is empty.
Enhancement: When creating new song or presentation from top menu navigates to new resource after adding it.
Enhancement: Adding a new blank presentation from the schedule menu opens the Presentation editor.
Enhancement: Open file location added to right-click menu in Media.
Enhancement: Duplicate slide added to Schedule right-click context menu.
Enhancement: Updated hotkeys for Contiguous view - left/right arrows change slides and up/down arrows navigate schedule.

Fixed: Error when opening schedules larger than 4Gb.
Fixed: Feed settings grayed out when editing a feed.
Fixed: Live output locking up when going live to a youtube video.
Fixed: Going live with a PPT while live output off then turning on displays Presentation theme.
Fixed: Live feed performance when using some AMD video cards.
Fixed: Having to click Create Empty after importing data using the transfer tool for EW2007 or EW2009.
Fixed: Message alert with multiple lines affecting the scrolling of the alert.
Fixed: Nursery alert cuts of left side of screen.

Please excuse my ignorance but we are still fairly fresh to Easy Worship - How do I differentiate between outputs?  IE: I want a full screen for a our main output but I only want lower 3rds to go out for our Alternative output.  Thanks everyone!  We are very excited and thankful for all the hard work everyone is putting into this!

You just need to create a theme under the Themes tab with the lower thirds text and then right click on it and set it as the default alt theme.

Yes, you can control the schedule and slides using midi in the current version of EW. You will use Next or Previous Schedule or Schedule No. But you will have to use it with another function like Goto Presentation start or Slide No. It has to be used with one of those. By itself it won't do anything.

Hi Dan So I have EW midi working well I currently do exactly as you discribe also works well on the beta with the alternate screen. But - I have a setlist of 4 songs in EW I send sch1sld1... When the next song in my software comes up sends sch2sld1 and so on - everything works yahoo the slides change in the EW and on all the screens and all 4 songs work as I go from on song to the next what doesn't happen is on the operator screen the visual highlight of the schedule item does happen even though the song is going as expected

I understand now. Yes, that happens to me every week and I have added it as a bug in our list. The highlighted schedule item does not follow when using midi. It always stays on the first schedule item that went live using midi. I do hope this gets fixed soon. If using foldback, it definitely affects the next item at the bottom of the screen because it doesn't actually show what's coming up next.

Is there a way to remove the watermark on the beta? Or is it there for the beta and can't be removed? Thanks. 

BTW, I just downloaded the beta and am beyond thrilled. Love the alt output. Thanks. 

You just need to login to the Beta with your account username and password to remove the watermark.

Love the beta update! Question though- when the beta expires, will the update be live? 

Using the dual outputs means I have to change the formatting of the songs, which is fine unless I'm going to have to change them back for one output. 

I've wanted two outputs for so long I don't want to go back. Just wanting to be prepared. Thanks. 

I probably need to take some time to test this, but maybe someone here can answer this question.

How are "presentations" handled with the alt output? For instance, if I set the alt output theme to a theme with lower thirds, then we have an announcements presentation (which is designed to be full screen, with bulleted text, graphics, etc) I can picture in my head the formatting would be all wacky because it's going to try to cram it in the lower thirds area. It seems like we almost need a separate alt output theme for each content type (scripture, songs, presentations). I can also see where people would want different formatting or alpha channel graphics for scriptures than they do for songs.

Or is there also the ability to add an alt output theme for each piece of content, which would override the default (just like normal themes)... so, while the lower thirds theme is the "default alt output theme", you could assign a different theme to individual presentations which you want to show full screen?

@Info, The full version will be released before the beta expires.

@Adam Smith, You can set a specific default Alt out Song, Scripture and Presentation theme. So if you want your Alt out for songs to be lower thirds text and your Presentation to be exactly like your main output, you can set your Alt song theme to be a lower third text theme and set your Alt out presentation theme to the exact same theme as your main out presentation theme.

@Dan Willard

Thanks for the response. Sounds like that will work great for our needs. I need to update the beta I installed at home and start playing with this again!

Hello Community,
For those of you testing the beta for the new release, or for anyone wanting to test the beta, here is a new beta build ready to be tested. We anticipate this being the final beta if all goes well. This will extend the expiration of the beta until Sept 30, 2021. To see all the changes coming up in this version of EW, please see original post above.
Here are the changes in this build:

-Fixed MIDI 'Goto Slide Start" bug

-Fixed issue with NDI showing black for PowerPoint on switchable Nvidia cards

-Fixed issue of PowerPoint showing background when advancing to another PowerPoint

-Fixed issue of EasyWorship deadlocking when closing

-Fixed issue of crashing when editing video or presentation properties

-Fixed issue with not being able to jump forward in audio files

-Fixed deadlocking issue in Presentation painter

-Fixed issue of PowerPoint not advancing after turning Black off in NDI

-Fixed multiple crashing bugs

Again, since this is a beta, you are at your own risk of running it in a live service, although it seems to be very stable at this point.
If you do run into any issues or bugs, please leave a comment here and we will see it and address it.

EasyWorship 7.3.0.10 Beta

Login to post a comment