LAPTOP RECONMENDEATIONS

CAN I GET A RECONMENDATION ON WHAT IS A GOOD LAPTOP TO USE THAT WOULD DO FOLDBACK AND A GRAPHIC CARD ENOUGH TO RUN THE SOFETWARE ON A BUDGET?

They will work, but unless they support three total displays you won't be able to use the Foldback option. I've rarely seen a laptop that uses Integrated Intel Graphics that will support for than two displays, including the built in display. That makes using the Foldback option impossible. I'm not saying that there aren't any that do, but you will want to verify that before purchasing. And you can't go by the amount of external display output ports they have either. Many will have two different types of output ports to accommodate different types of display cables, but still don't support three total displays.

if you don't use motion backgrounds then just about any modern laptop with i5 or i7 (or amd equivalent) will work. if you want to use motion backgrounds you will definitely want better gpu. can get away with lower end graphics if you limit your file size to only a few mb but anything high quality you'll be looking at gaming laptops as others have suggested. 

Basically you want to look for a GAMING computer that meets the EW Recommended Hardware Requirements. You just have to look for what is available where you live.

I have built our last couple of EW computers myself with off the shelf parts. Any desktop that meets or exceeds the RECOMMENDED hardware specs on the page I linked previously will work. 

Is there any desktop you recommend that will display fold back ?

What desktop do you use at your church ? That will do fold back I can’t find one

Ok

It only has Integrated Intel Graphics so it wont be able to handle EW well. Everything else looks okay except for the small form factor which limits your GPU choices. 

How about 

ASUS - ExpertCenter SFF Desktop - Intel Core i5-10400 - 8GB Memory - 512GB SSD

or.     ASUS

ASUS - ExpertCenter SFF Desktop - Intel Core i7-10700 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD

You aren't going to find anything BUDGET that will do what you want. You essentially need a GAMING laptop with two display outs that can actually use both along with the built in display. Prices for those start at $1,000US (hard to find) and up. You also need one that used Nvidia graphics, and not the cheap underpowered GT or MX series.

I can't point to a specific laptop model at this time as you didn't state what country you are from plug supply/demand issues makes that difficult.

And please note that any laptop capable of running EW well will also be capable of CryptoMining so they are now selling for a premium as miner's are buying them up. That makes them harder to find as well as selling for exorbitant prices. That goes for Graphics cards for desktops as well. It simply isn't a good time to have to buy a laptop or graphics card for EW (or other similar presentation software) at the moment.

See the link below for the RECOMMENDED hardware specs for an EW capable computer. The minimum spec will limit you tremendously, as it really doesn't support the use of Foldback Displays.

https://support.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/6000047711-system-requirements-ew-6-

Login to post a comment