Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

I've downloaded the demo but have not had time to test as of yet.

I'm really not fond of letting the beta use our live database. Have most folks been using a copy of this database for the demo?

If so what is the proper way to do this?

Thanks in advance

I have been doing a lot of testing on the various builds. The early builds, I would not have used in a live situation. The more recent builds have been a lot more stable. After testing here at home I decided to really give it a workout and use the more recent builds live in church.

I have pointed them in Profiles to use the normal church database. The church audience now sees picture backgrounds once again, while the online audience see the song text as lower thirds.

Everything has been going fine except that we have trouble using PowerPoint over the NDI feed to the ALT output. 

We do have a workaround for that however by using the vMix Desktop Capture utility installed on the EW PC. That can then pick up any screen or even window into vMix or other NDI software.

To help them find a fix for this bug, I have given extensive feedback to EW about this issue.

So, yes, we have been using the beta version live and also using the regular database. Keep in mind though that this is STILL beta releases and you may have an issue or two.. The best you could do is give your feedback on any issue to EW so they can debug before final release

We are using it in the church, but some errors found:

- In music lyrics with NDI background, it is black between the slides of one slide and another. By swapping lines of the same song.

- Shadow and border do not work in alternate theme. Unless set within settings.

- The LOGO button should work as the CLEAR on the alternate output as it is used to send lyrics with no background.

Is there any word yet when this new update is going to be complete and released to the public for immediate use?

EW never announces when an update will go live. They just announce it WHEN it goes live. You'll just have to be patient like everyone else. EW moves at their own pace.

Hello Community,
For those of you testing the beta for the new release, or for anyone wanting to test the beta, here is a new beta build ready to be tested. We anticipate this being the final beta if all goes well. This will extend the expiration of the beta until Sept 30, 2021. To see all the changes coming up in this version of EW, please see original post above.
Here are the changes in this build:

-Fixed MIDI 'Goto Slide Start" bug

-Fixed issue with NDI showing black for PowerPoint on switchable Nvidia cards

-Fixed issue of PowerPoint showing background when advancing to another PowerPoint

-Fixed issue of EasyWorship deadlocking when closing

-Fixed issue of crashing when editing video or presentation properties

-Fixed issue with not being able to jump forward in audio files

-Fixed deadlocking issue in Presentation painter

-Fixed issue of PowerPoint not advancing after turning Black off in NDI

-Fixed multiple crashing bugs

Again, since this is a beta, you are at your own risk of running it in a live service, although it seems to be very stable at this point.
If you do run into any issues or bugs, please leave a comment here and we will see it and address it.

EasyWorship 7.3.0.10 Beta

brilliant that could be really helpful, would love to display the output of a vmix feed to the monitor output in easy worship, or at least customise the monitor output.

Experimenting with 7 and alternative output.  I'm trying to do something that would seem like it should be easy and obvious, but have not found a solution yet...

I just want to send the exact same output that is going to the main (my house projector) also to the alternative output (ndi for overlay of camera feed to stream).  If I have a song background set in the scheduled and shows in the main, I want the same in the alt output.  Seems like I can only have no background or only a default background.  Am I missing something?  I just want the same output that the house sees going to my ndi feed.  I've seen some mention of ndi as main output then going to another software, etc, but really don't want a complex solution, just want my main output also going to ndi.

Thanks,

Todd

You and me both! The first Beta had that feature but they took it out. As is, AO is useless for us.

Yes you can do what you want.

Go to the vMix.com website and download their Desktop Capture utility. It is free and downloads in seconds.

Run that on your EW PC and place an icon on your taskbar so you can start it any time you need it. I actually set it so it started automatically when WIndows started. All you see is a small window letting you know how many connections you have.

Now, with EW running you can pick up ANY of the outputs that EW can output and capture that into your video mixing software - vMix, OBS or even into another PC running EW. ANy software can pick up any screen output of that PC and it is not limited to just EW. Whatever is showing on any screen will be output via that desktop capture utility. The EW NDI will also work as normal during the use of the vMix NDi utility.

I was using this method of capturing the EW output for livestreaming long before EW was actually NDI enabled. Now of course with the EW alt output, that allows us to capture just words as lower thirds to be overlayed in vMix.

You can pick up any or all the the EW screens as feeds into your mixing software.

It is simple and it works.

Thanks @Alvin I'll take a look at that solution.  I hope it does not add to the resources needed on the EW PC (as opposed to using the EW built in NDI), as my EW PC is old and already taxed greatly when I run EW 7 with NDI going.  No budget right now for an upgrade (we are a VERY small church).

Too bad the EW team will not just include it as a feature.

@Todd - if your PC is resource strapped, you should be able to shut off the alternate output, since you would be using the NDI utility to capture your main output and send it to your livestream.

Alvin, we have been using vMix Desktop Capture for about 6 months now. It works flawlessly and I think this is likely the solution we are going to stick with.

I tried to use AO a number of times but could never get it to work reliably and didn't feel comfortable trying to get it to work in a live service. 

Hi all Running 7.3 using midi works great except for 1. Schedule still not updating 2. In contiguous view it will not scroll the slides - it scrolls on schedule change but if the song slides go out of view so does the slide cursor when using midi Please fix both of these

@Ronmarlow, I have added that to our bug list. Thanks