Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

Hi Dan, I would like to join but I don't do Facebook, We will definitely be using the 4th Output but not totally sure if is going to give me what I want, We have the Campus Annual Subscription.

Not a specific date yet, but this is their top priority right now so it should be soon.

Alvin, we have been using vMix Desktop Capture for about 6 months now. It works flawlessly and I think this is likely the solution we are going to stick with.

I tried to use AO a number of times but could never get it to work reliably and didn't feel comfortable trying to get it to work in a live service. 

Hi.  Thanks for the update on this feature.  Is it likely to be in the weeks or months timeframe?  We're just in the process of changing our church projection software and need to be able to send different output to the projector and to OBS/vMix via NDI.

Hi Eric/Dan

I'm just about to look at significant changes to our church production system on the back of our learning to date with streaming services.  It would incredibly helpful if I could get some timing on likely launch dates for Alternative Output.  I appreciate it's still being tested in-house but can you timebox this - when's the absolute earliest it could be realised, what's you best guess for release date, and what's a realistic worst case date.

Also, and related, do you have any plans to replicate the functionality provide by the ProPresenter Master Control Module, is it on any future produce development plans/

Bob Darby, I am sending you an email

Yes Dan, with our church now able to be approx 50% full but with still a lot viewing the live stream, those in the church are finding it a bit boring having song words on a plain black background and are asking for the picture backgrounds. Problem is we can't do both. I too would love to know just how much longer we have to wait for this very important and anticipated update. I have checked the forum every day for the news but so far nothing.

I posted this on the Facebook page, but realized this may be the "proper" place to ask - How to I set the Alternate display for lower-thirds?  The exchange above on setting the theme solved half of my problem, but this has me stumped.

I've downloaded the demo but have not had time to test as of yet.

I'm really not fond of letting the beta use our live database. Have most folks been using a copy of this database for the demo?

If so what is the proper way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Create a new theme with lower thirds on it. The text box can be moved or resized to put the text anywhere on the screen Remember that the text on the lower thirds will be the same text as on the main screen so you might have to make adjustments. My songs show to or 3 lines in the middle of the main screen and shows up properly on the alternate screen

I have been doing a lot of testing on the various builds. The early builds, I would not have used in a live situation. The more recent builds have been a lot more stable. After testing here at home I decided to really give it a workout and use the more recent builds live in church.

I have pointed them in Profiles to use the normal church database. The church audience now sees picture backgrounds once again, while the online audience see the song text as lower thirds.

Everything has been going fine except that we have trouble using PowerPoint over the NDI feed to the ALT output. 

We do have a workaround for that however by using the vMix Desktop Capture utility installed on the EW PC. That can then pick up any screen or even window into vMix or other NDI software.

To help them find a fix for this bug, I have given extensive feedback to EW about this issue.

So, yes, we have been using the beta version live and also using the regular database. Keep in mind though that this is STILL beta releases and you may have an issue or two.. The best you could do is give your feedback on any issue to EW so they can debug before final release

First Click on EDIT/OPTIONS. Top left of the box that opens you will see Main Output, Alternate Output and Foldback. Click on Alternate Output. Click OK.

Now go down to THEMES and find a them you have set up to be your lower thirds screen. – Probably will have a NON background with the text box lower centre.

RIGHT Click on that theme and then go down (6 Lines) to the option to Set that theme as the default Alternate output theme.

Done!.

You should now be able to have pretty pictures for your in house audience and lower thirds song text for your livestream.

Thanks, Alvin and Ronmarlow!  This is another of those "obvious" but unthought of things.  I had it in my head there would be some setting in the Alternate Display setup and my brain couldn't get past it.  Thanks for being mostly kind in your replies...

Not to start playing with the right number of lines - I know we will need to split many of our songs, which means the one running the projection will need to pay closer attention to the screen changes and setting up for the scriptures will be a little tougher as well.  Looking forward to these next steps!

Is there any word yet when this new update is going to be complete and released to the public for immediate use?

We are currently in-house testing the build that includes the alternate output feature.

We don't have an estimated release date for it yet.