Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

forgot to say over the ndi output

Yes, you can set a different theme for the Alternate out than the main out

This is great news and it's good to hear that you are considering making features available for one-time purchase users.

Is the Alternate Output over NDI not supposed to work just yet?   I can stream an output via NDI on my main version of  EW 7 to vMix but when I try it on the Beta version it does not work on either the alternate output or the main output.  Just wanted to play around with it but I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

All outputs should work through NDI on the Beta.

It works for me - doing lower thirds on ndi output to obs

Does this answer your question?

This is a screengrab from our livestream.

Everyone needs to remember that there is such a vast amount of differing hardware and software combinations out there that EW Support would not be able to even come close to testing on every one of them. So what works on 99% of those combinations might not work on that 1%. So when you report an issue you need to provide detailed specs of your hardware and software, such as Version and Build of Windows, PowerPoint, Drivers, etc. so EW can determine if the underlying issue is caused by one or more of them. The more details you include the better. Usually it's better to include to much info than not enough.

One way to include a lot of useful details is by including the results from DXDIAG. 

Click on the Windows icon (Start menu) at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen,

Type in "DXDIAG" and click on 'DXDIAG.exe' or 'DXDIAG run command',

Click Yes when a yes/no question appears,

Click on Save All Information.. at the bottom-right of the DXDIAG window,

Save the information under an obvious name such as "dxdiagoutput_your user name",

Attach the saved file with your post.

This is what a Beta Program is for.

Super excited to see the beta available.  We currently send the main output to our front screen and the foldback output to a screen on the rear wall.  I've set the beta software up and have both of those working and also have the alternate output going over ndi to OBS on our streaming computer, but for the life of me can't figure out how to have the alternate have a different theme (i.e. lower thirds, no background).  

Can someone help an old guy out?

Butch, Go to the Themes tab and right click on the theme you want to use and select Set as Default Alternate theme.

Arrrgh!  Looked everywhere but there.  Thanks for the quick bail out.

I posted this on the Facebook page, but realized this may be the "proper" place to ask - How to I set the Alternate display for lower-thirds?  The exchange above on setting the theme solved half of my problem, but this has me stumped.

Create a new theme with lower thirds on it. The text box can be moved or resized to put the text anywhere on the screen Remember that the text on the lower thirds will be the same text as on the main screen so you might have to make adjustments. My songs show to or 3 lines in the middle of the main screen and shows up properly on the alternate screen

First Click on EDIT/OPTIONS. Top left of the box that opens you will see Main Output, Alternate Output and Foldback. Click on Alternate Output. Click OK.

Now go down to THEMES and find a them you have set up to be your lower thirds screen. – Probably will have a NON background with the text box lower centre.

RIGHT Click on that theme and then go down (6 Lines) to the option to Set that theme as the default Alternate output theme.

Done!.

You should now be able to have pretty pictures for your in house audience and lower thirds song text for your livestream.

Thanks, Alvin and Ronmarlow!  This is another of those "obvious" but unthought of things.  I had it in my head there would be some setting in the Alternate Display setup and my brain couldn't get past it.  Thanks for being mostly kind in your replies...

Not to start playing with the right number of lines - I know we will need to split many of our songs, which means the one running the projection will need to pay closer attention to the screen changes and setting up for the scriptures will be a little tougher as well.  Looking forward to these next steps!