Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

Any new updates on when this will be released to the public?  Getting really excited about using this feature for my live streaming setup!

Thanks, Dan, this is very helpful...

I need to talk and share about this on our Production Team Livestreaming...

I am excited about this update, however it isn't sustainable for me to switch to a subscription plan or repurchasing the entire license again :( 

Would be amazing if it could be possible to purchase this update for the campus license.

Please make it happen :)

Thanks @Alvin I'll take a look at that solution.  I hope it does not add to the resources needed on the EW PC (as opposed to using the EW built in NDI), as my EW PC is old and already taxed greatly when I run EW 7 with NDI going.  No budget right now for an upgrade (we are a VERY small church).

Too bad the EW team will not just include it as a feature.

@Todd - if your PC is resource strapped, you should be able to shut off the alternate output, since you would be using the NDI utility to capture your main output and send it to your livestream.

I really feel left out in all this since we have a one time purchase licence.

How are we supposed to convince our churches of features we are not previewed to.

our purchase was based on testing and demonstrations. At least it should be available with a watermark for all to test.

Is the Alternate Output over NDI not supposed to work just yet?   I can stream an output via NDI on my main version of  EW 7 to vMix but when I try it on the Beta version it does not work on either the alternate output or the main output.  Just wanted to play around with it but I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

Kobena, I would assume that once the new version is fully released, you would be able to download a trial version of it. Right now, though, it is in Beta testing so it is not a released product.

All outputs should work through NDI on the Beta.

Once it is released as a full version, the demo on our website will have all features available for anyone wanting to test it out. 

It works for me - doing lower thirds on ndi output to obs

But it would seem unfair if the "new version" release is say a couple of years away!

Subscribers would be using this feature and a few others we are already deprived of years before it would be available to one time owners.

Does this answer your question?

This is a screengrab from our livestream.

I understand what you mean Kobena, but as a person that works developing software for a living myself, I can tell you that funding the continued support and development of a software product on one time licensing fees can be difficult.  Especially at this point in the development when the software is still in beta, that is also an extra effort to support and respond to the beta testers while continuing to do all the normal support and updating as well.

I don't work for EasyWorship and I cannot and do not speak for EasyWorship at all but this is why it is becoming more and more common for software products to move to the subscription model.  At least EasyWorship still offers the one time license option which is very nice.  Many products do not these days.

Everyone needs to remember that there is such a vast amount of differing hardware and software combinations out there that EW Support would not be able to even come close to testing on every one of them. So what works on 99% of those combinations might not work on that 1%. So when you report an issue you need to provide detailed specs of your hardware and software, such as Version and Build of Windows, PowerPoint, Drivers, etc. so EW can determine if the underlying issue is caused by one or more of them. The more details you include the better. Usually it's better to include to much info than not enough.

One way to include a lot of useful details is by including the results from DXDIAG. 

Click on the Windows icon (Start menu) at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen,

Type in "DXDIAG" and click on 'DXDIAG.exe' or 'DXDIAG run command',

Click Yes when a yes/no question appears,

Click on Save All Information.. at the bottom-right of the DXDIAG window,

Save the information under an obvious name such as "dxdiagoutput_your user name",

Attach the saved file with your post.

This is what a Beta Program is for.