Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

Not a specific date yet, but this is their top priority right now so it should be soon.

Hi.  Thanks for the update on this feature.  Is it likely to be in the weeks or months timeframe?  We're just in the process of changing our church projection software and need to be able to send different output to the projector and to OBS/vMix via NDI.

We are currently in-house testing the build that includes the alternate output feature.

We don't have an estimated release date for it yet.

Thanks Eric

Dan, I'd be interested in the same email you sent Steve. We have an EW7

campus license also and while purchased more than a year ago, I'm uncertain about a new subscription for early access to features. As the wrong type of paying customer (in this instance) I feel disincentivize in potentially waiting artificially for new features I would otherwise get in a feature or paid upgrade. I'm generally more interested in purchasing software outright and upgrading based on needs or compelling new features. EW is fairly slow on the latter so a subscription isn't appealing unless there is a roadmap of other new features that I can decide on.

Hi Eric/Dan

I'm just about to look at significant changes to our church production system on the back of our learning to date with streaming services.  It would incredibly helpful if I could get some timing on likely launch dates for Alternative Output.  I appreciate it's still being tested in-house but can you timebox this - when's the absolute earliest it could be realised, what's you best guess for release date, and what's a realistic worst case date.

Also, and related, do you have any plans to replicate the functionality provide by the ProPresenter Master Control Module, is it on any future produce development plans/

Bob Darby, I am sending you an email

Yes Dan, with our church now able to be approx 50% full but with still a lot viewing the live stream, those in the church are finding it a bit boring having song words on a plain black background and are asking for the picture backgrounds. Problem is we can't do both. I too would love to know just how much longer we have to wait for this very important and anticipated update. I have checked the forum every day for the news but so far nothing.

Please just give us the PLANNED release date. If it slips, fine, but it is tiresome being left out with no idea. Been 28 days since the original post that said "its almost here".

If you use VMix or OBS in conjunction with EW you can fake this with a little work. We use the VMix NDI Desktop capture app which is free and run it on the EW computer. It's been super reliable! It will make all screens and windows available to VMix or OBS via NDI. For EW, the foldback view provides the clean background on the lyrics and can be made transparent in VMix/OBS. The challenge for us is the CCLI info isn't included on the foldback, even as an option, and we need to include this in the livestream. So you can create a new template in EW that bumps the song background image up just a little so the CCLI info is in a solid color background at the bottom. Some may not like this aesthetically for in-house, so you need to decide for yourself. In VMix/OBS you can pull in both the foldback and the live view with image background into a single overlay for the livestream. Using the size and geometry controls in VMix/OBs you can crop and realign the two EW screens so they look as one with the background image cropped out. Once set up, it's easy to make the lyrics appear onscreen in the livestream. Other than the setup time, this new EW feature probably wouldn't change how we use VMix on the weekends nor would it change the EW operator duties. Maybe that helps someone.

Thanks Mike. This information I'm sure is helpful to a lot of people. The Alt. output in the upcoming release will allow you to send NDI directly to vMix (with the copyright info). That should make this setup a lot more simple.

Just to confirm, the 3rd output does not have to be NDI, right? Can it simply be another output on the video card?

Correct Craig. You have the same options as the front of house with choosing a monitor, custom position, or NDI.

Good to hear. We use all hardware for mixing and encoding. NDI might work with it, but prefer to not use it.

Is these out yet?