Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

We have stated a couple of times since the release of the beta that we are discussing internally a way to make these features available for one-time purchase users. We have not come to a final decision yet, but there is a good possibility there will be a way for you to get them.

I hadn't seen that, but it is possible that I missed that post.

does the alternative ouput do different font/background/lower thirds than main?

forgot to say over the ndi output

@Ronmarlow, I have added that to our bug list. Thanks

Yes, you can set a different theme for the Alternate out than the main out

We are using it in the church, but some errors found:

- In music lyrics with NDI background, it is black between the slides of one slide and another. By swapping lines of the same song.

- Shadow and border do not work in alternate theme. Unless set within settings.

- The LOGO button should work as the CLEAR on the alternate output as it is used to send lyrics with no background.

Experimenting with 7 and alternative output.  I'm trying to do something that would seem like it should be easy and obvious, but have not found a solution yet...

I just want to send the exact same output that is going to the main (my house projector) also to the alternative output (ndi for overlay of camera feed to stream).  If I have a song background set in the scheduled and shows in the main, I want the same in the alt output.  Seems like I can only have no background or only a default background.  Am I missing something?  I just want the same output that the house sees going to my ndi feed.  I've seen some mention of ndi as main output then going to another software, etc, but really don't want a complex solution, just want my main output also going to ndi.

Thanks,

Todd

I'm just getting set up to upgrade our EasyWorship installation and PC and to add live streaming at our church but since I am at the ordering hardware phase its too soon for me to try to sign up for the beta.  We are on a subscription so hoping that the new functionality will help us do what I am planning to do.  Initially I am hoping to just use the NDI feed from EasyWorship like it was another camera in vMix so that I can transition to it, picture in picture, etc. and then work up to it from there. 

This is great news and it's good to hear that you are considering making features available for one-time purchase users.

You and me both! The first Beta had that feature but they took it out. As is, AO is useless for us.

Yes you can do what you want.

Go to the vMix.com website and download their Desktop Capture utility. It is free and downloads in seconds.

Run that on your EW PC and place an icon on your taskbar so you can start it any time you need it. I actually set it so it started automatically when WIndows started. All you see is a small window letting you know how many connections you have.

Now, with EW running you can pick up ANY of the outputs that EW can output and capture that into your video mixing software - vMix, OBS or even into another PC running EW. ANy software can pick up any screen output of that PC and it is not limited to just EW. Whatever is showing on any screen will be output via that desktop capture utility. The EW NDI will also work as normal during the use of the vMix NDi utility.

I was using this method of capturing the EW output for livestreaming long before EW was actually NDI enabled. Now of course with the EW alt output, that allows us to capture just words as lower thirds to be overlayed in vMix.

You can pick up any or all the the EW screens as feeds into your mixing software.

It is simple and it works.

is this available as a beta to test?

This will be available for subscription users to beta test soon.