[v6 General Discussion] Best way to sync images, videos… without being on the same network

Our users are not on the same networks; they're at their respective offices or homes. With the new "check schedule for changes" function in 6.7.4, I understand the best way to share new or changed songs & presentations is simply to put them into a schedule and distribute it to others.

But what about media assets? What is the easiest, most foolproof way to ensure that distributed users all have access to the same databases of videos, images, etc.?

And would you use that same method to sync themes?

Thanks for your help.

As long as the "Pack files in schedule" is ticked when saving, media files should also be imported.
Individual themes can be exported and imported from the context menu.
Highlight the theme(s) you wish to export and either right click or select the Tools menu to export.
Individual themes can be exported and imported from the context menu.
Highlight the theme(s) you wish to export and either right click or select the Tools menu to export.

That's a great solution, especially since themes are rarely created or updated. Thanks, Keith!

As long as the "Pack files in schedule" is ticked when saving, media files should also be imported.

This one has an unpleasant side effect: bloat. I like to keep a copy of everything I create and, if users pass around packed schedules as they collaborate on services, after a couple of years, each of them will have a hundred packed services, each one containing all the standard media used every week. So every standard media will be stored a hundred times on their computer. (Albeit in a ZIP archive, which is how packed services are stored.)

And unpacking a service when received, to somehow sync its assets with the local media library, is not an option since (1) all media filenames have been changed to a random string and (2) unless I'm missing something, there is no way to reconnect a schedule or database asset, marked with an exclamation mark, with the desired source file.

As long as users use the same database locations, shouldn't there be a way to keep the "Resource" folders in sync, perhaps with a third-party utility? This would allow (1) each user having only one copy of each media asset file, (2) passing around unpacked schedules, which maintain the original filename of each media.

What does everyone think?
Sorry, I should have been more explicit and said "As long as the "Pack files in schedule" is ticked when saving, media files will be exported. At the receiving end you choose what to import. Selecting "Import only lyrics for songs" should leave the song media behind. Other media can also be deselected if you do not want a second copy.

Incidentally, I noticed that if an identical image is in the same folder location within the Images folder on the target machine, even without importing it from the schedule, the identical local image is picked up and used.
You need to re-save the schedule for it to recognise the local image, and stop offering to import the duplicate from the schedule.
This may also work with other media.