[v6 General Discussion] Copy Theme Settings

I use monthly themes. Each month with new backgrounds, I have to go create themes for all of them. They always use the same font and font settings. Is there anyway to copy theme settings from one to another?

Not, really, but maybe try this, Create a theme with a black background that has everything set the way you like it, then export the them. The next time you build a theme, import that theme, then edit it, change the name and background. This is a good Idea. I'll add it to the feature requests.
This isn't exactly the same thing, but it might accomplish what you want to do. If you set your default font settings in options, then the themes will use those settings by default.
Yeah, I do not want to change all the songs in the database.
Hi!

This does not hard code the songs in the database.
Hi!

This does not hard code the songs in the database.

Not sure what that means, but I thought changing the default will change all songs that use the default, which is everything in our database.
What Terry meant was that yes, any song you load from the db will use the settings you set as long as you haven't assigned a theme to that song that override the options. The idea is that if you are going to use the same font formatting, that's what options is for. It doesn't change the songs, it just changes the defaults that the songs load when displayed, edited or added to the schedule. And when you create a new theme, it will use those settings too.
Gotcha. However we have all our songs formatted to be able to be used without themes when needed. So we cannot really change the default font without affecting or possibly messing up those formats.

Thanks for adding this to feature requests.
Any progress on getting this feature? I have a new problem...

I want to setup our "Name Screens" in EW so I can use different backgrounds. Right now I use a pre-made JPG. The screens have a persons name and title and also have a logo graphic on them. My first thought was to create a song collection with a song for each person, but I can not copy the setup from song to song, I have to recreate it for every person.

So I thought I would make a presentation collection with each person. However, I since there is no way to copy a theme to another theme, I again would have to set each theme up manually.

Any ideas on a better way to do this?
I don't think there has been any progress on this, but I have a solution for your problem.
Create a presentation with the text where you want it. Use it as your template.
Then drag it to your schedule.
Edit it in the schedule, changing the name then check for changes and import using the Add to Resource option.
Now you can add it to the schedule and drag any background or theme onto it.
I don't think there has been any progress on this, but I have a solution for your problem.
Create a presentation with the text where you want it. Use it as your template.
Then drag it to your schedule.
Edit it in the schedule, changing the name then check for changes and import using the Add to Resource option.
Now you can add it to the schedule and drag any background or theme onto it.

Thank you! That works wonderfully.
+1 on this feature request!
I use monthly themes. Each month with new backgrounds, I have to go create themes for all of them. They
always use the same font and font settings. Is there anyway to copy theme settings from one to another?