[v6 General Discussion] EW crashes periodically when videos are played

Hi there,

I have been using EW6 for a few years now on a laptop.

I have recently installed it onto a newly refurbished Lenova desktop with the following spec:

• Intel Quad Core i5
• 3.10GHz MAX Turbo 3.40GHz
• nVidia Geforce GTX 750 Titanium 2GB DDR5 128bit 1080p Gaming Graphics card
• 8GB RAM,
• 500GB HDD (2x250GB)
• CD/DVD COMBO DRIVE,
• USB Wi-Fi,
• Windows 10 PRO 64bit

Everything appeared fine when I first installed it, but it was soon apparent that were a couple of problems:

1. Videos playing through the Live Output would suddenly stop and cause EW to not respond (as far as I can recollect, this normally happens within the first minute of a video). I have also tried to note to see if there is a pattern with the particular videos that are not playing properly, i.e. file size, or file type, but cant seem to find anything.

2. Video and audio playing really slowly. I looked into this further and it appears it was being caused by a sound card that we have plugged in to the PC, so that appears to be fixed now and not directly related to EW, but thought I would mention it just in case.

Have you ever heard of anything like the former problem?

Is there anything obvious I should check or are there any setting on my PC you think I need to reconfigure?

It's really frustrating trying to lock this down and replicate the issue because in a service, if EW crashes when a certain video plays, if we reload EW and play the same video again, it works fine.

I understand that Windows 10 has caused many people issues with software compatibility up to now (even though it appears that they are sorting that out with updates as I hear less these days), but could this be the issue?

I really don't know what to try next and really need to get it sorted ASAP as there's not much more embarrassing than a crash during a worship song (with video in background) or a countdown video and its become quite frequent over the last few weeks.

So any help you can give would be much appreciated!