[v6 General Discussion] BUG: Layout sometimes goes crazy when switching back to EW6 from another open app

Hi

I've encountered this a couple of times.

EW6 is open, and I switch to another open app to do something, then switch back to EW6, and the screen layout i.e. the positions of the panel dividers, is all messed up, with the resource panel halfway up the screen, and the Live panel squashed into a tiny area on the right.

If it happens again I will post screenshots.

Cheers
Richard

Hi!

If it happens again please post the screen shot and also you system specs.
Hi Terry,
I've get this problem too and the only way to get the format back is to close EW6 then re-open it and it restores the layout. It seems to occur when EW looses focus when switching between apps. I quite often have an editor open as well as explorer and the web when adding or editing songs in EW and this sometimes happens.

Hope this helps you Richard
Hi,
What version of windows are you working with?
Hi Roger, seeing Richard hasn't replied yet and I have a similar issue, I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1607 build 14393.576 with EW 6.5.5
Hi Granpaw Broon,

We're having a hard time replicating this. Can you screenshot or print screen that problem when it happens and attach it?
Also, can you provide system specs so we can maybe find a similar computer to replicate the issue one.
Hi Rodger,

will do, although as was pointed out, it doesn't always happen. I mostly find this when editing backgrounds, be it motion or image and would usually have Photoshop and Explorer open but may also have Corel Videostudio X9.5 running too.

My system specs are;
Asus Z87-PRO system board Type ACPI x64-based PC
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2103, 18/08/2014 UEFI
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0C01
Boot Disk C: 240GB SSD
Storage 6TB using 3 Disk Drives D: E: F:
Memory 16GB DDR3
Available Physical Memory 13.2 GB
Total Virtual Memory 31.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 29.0 GB
Page File Space 16.0 GB
Page File D:\pagefile.sys
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.693
Apologies just realised I hadn't replied. The forum account is set up to use a different email account which I don't have access to.

It happens quite regularly during normal use. Happened again during Sunday worship yesterday. If it happens again I'll take screenshots and post.

We're on Windows 10 on a Core i5, with Intel integrated graphics. Don't have access to the laptop right now to give more detailed specs.

Thanks
Richard
Apologies just realised I hadn't replied. The forum account is set up to use a different email account which I don't have access to.

It happens quite regularly during normal use. Happened again during Sunday worship yesterday. If it happens again I'll take screenshots and post.

We're on Windows 10 on a Core i5, with Intel integrated graphics. Don't have access to the laptop right now to give more detailed specs.

Thanks
Richard

I am going to create a ticket so that we can work on it.