[v6 General Discussion] power point

For the past 2 Sundays, when I go to live for my Power Point announcements or sermons notes - it doesn't happen. My slides for songs and scripture work perfectly but not anything from Power Point. Any idea what I need to do or change?

Hi!

I am sorry that you are having this issue.

I need a little more information in order to trouble shoot the issue.

Which build of EasyWorship 6 are you using?

Which version of PowerPoint do you have installed? Also do you have more than one version installed?

What is the CPU type and Speed? Example: 3.0 GHz Intel i5 or i7 Processor

The amount of RAM? Example:8 GB RAM

What video graphics card? Example: NVIDIA GeForce GT 250, AMD Raedeon 4650 or Intel3000

What version of Windows? Example: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
I am using Windows 10, processor is Intel core i3-4025U CPU @ 1.90 GHz, 6.00 GB, Intel (R) HD Graphics. I have EasyWorship 6 and that is the only version I have - I hope this is the info you need
i have the same issue on EW6.5.5 (powerpoint 2013)
powerpoint files are importing but show up with an exclamation beside them.
I have EW 6.5.5 fresh install at home and it works okay (powerpoint 2013 too)
both using win8.1
i think the ew6 has 'forgotten' where powerpoint exe is (using the full powerpoint - not the pptviewer as recommended)

I have not fresh installed the program as this throws out valuable diagnostics!

would love to use EW6* for live services as this is the only deal breaker at the moment

thanks

Richard
Hi Richard,

I had a similar issue, you may have something different going on but worth a try.

Unlike EW 2009, EW6 does not copy the presentation onto the pc - so if you remove the USB drive before saving the schedule, the thumbnails are present in the schedule - but no presentation. Saving the schedule with the USB drive still connected loads the powerpoint file into the schedule, so if you subsequently remove the USB drive you do not loose the powerpoint presentation.

Hope this helps...
I am using Windows 10, processor is Intel core i3-4025U CPU @ 1.90 GHz, 6.00 GB, Intel (R) HD Graphics. I have EasyWorship 6 and that is the only version I have - I hope this is the info you need

Hi!

The CPU is below required minimum specifications. If the video card is a basic Intel card then it will also be below required specifications. In order to run EW6 and have it function properly the machine needs to at least meet the minimum requirements.
Hi Richard,

I had a similar issue, you may have something different going on but worth a try.

Unlike EW 2009, EW6 does not copy the presentation onto the pc - so if you remove the USB drive before saving the schedule, the thumbnails are present in the schedule - but no presentation. Saving the schedule with the USB drive still connected loads the powerpoint file into the schedule, so if you subsequently remove the USB drive you do not loose the powerpoint presentation.

Hope this helps...

Hi!

If this machine meets the specifications then you should be able to run it. You may need to do a repair on MS office. To do the repair go to Windows Control Panel and then Programs and Features and then click on Uninstall a Program then right click on MS office and then click on CHANGE this will give you the option to run a quick repair.
So Terry, I have been using Easy Worship for over a year and no problems with this - What do I need to do to go back to the way it was? I am not computer smart - so - just confused on why all of a sudden having problems.
Can you tell me if anything has changed on the computer? Have you installed windows updates, office updates, or just recently updated EasyWorship from 6.4.8 to 6.5.5?

What version of PowerPoint are you using?

You may try uninstalling Office and reinstalling it, then installing all the updates for it.
You can install PowerPoint 2010 viewer, but if you have Office 2010 on the computer, you'll need to install office viewer in a different folder than default. When it asks where to install it, type viewer at the end of the path provided and proceed with the install.
my power point is 2007 - I purchased Easy Worship last year and got EASY WORSHIP 6 - I have done any update needed on it - I did update to Windows 10 - could that be the problem?

So I am going to uninstall my Office and re- install and then we will see from there
Hi Richard,

Hope this helps...

thanks for the advice. I checked (incase I was going mad) but it was with ppt files on the EW machine. I even made a new PPT just incase.

I think I found the answer though (well worked for me!!)

1) followed advice in later post to do an Office repair. rebooted. NO effect
2) uninstalled easyworship 6 (and purged all "easyworship 6" entries from registry - scary!)
3) re-installed easyworship 6.5.5 (last install was an upgrade from 6.4. - Same problem.

4) I had a thought - EW6 needed elevated permissions to install, so.... I launched EW6 using 'runas administrator' (after killing the non-elevated tray 'helper' icon!) - PowerPoint WORKED!!!

5) I then rebooted the machine - y'know cause windows likes this to clear stuff out.
6) logged in as the standard easyworship non-elevated user account - started EW6 as normal and POWERPOINT WORKED!!!

I've rebooted three times now and it appears to be behaving!!

I can only assume (dangerous word Ass-U-Me etc!) that something got its knickers in a twist and needed elevated permissions to make a logical link. maybe a legacy from the 6.4.8 upgrade as did not have issue on a fresh install.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else out!!

Richard
I think I found the answer (well worked for me!!)

1) followed advice in post to do an Office repair. rebooted. NO effect
2) uninstalled easyworship 6 (and purged all "easyworship 6" entries from registry - scary!)
3) re-installed easyworship 6.5.5 (last install was an upgrade from 6.4. - Same problem.

4) I had a thought - EW6 needed elevated permissions to install, so.... I launched EW6 using 'runas administrator' (after killing the non-elevated tray 'helper' icon!) - PowerPoint WORKED!!!

5) I then rebooted the machine - y'know cause windows likes this to clear stuff out.
6) logged in as the standard easyworship non-elevated user account - started EW6 as normal and POWERPOINT WORKED!!!

I've rebooted three times now and it appears to be behaving!!

I can only assume (dangerous word Ass-U-Me etc!) that something got its knickers in a twist and needed elevated permissions to make a logical link. maybe a legacy from the 6.4.8 upgrade as did not have issue on a fresh install.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else out!!

Richard
Richard, I will try this - maybe - I hope I can - I am not a "computer" person!

Jimi
Finally got it fixed - uninstalled Office and reinstalled a newer version
Now I have a problem with the display - it is fine on my computer but on the TV Monitor it is a small box - how do I make it bigger?