[v6 General Discussion] Windows 10 Compatibility With Easy Worship

Posted by Derek Mason Thu, 19 Nov at 12:33 PM
I am getting pressure from our tech person to upgrade the laptop we use for easy worship to Windows 10 however, I wanted to check to see if there are any problems regarding compatibility between Windows 10 and EasyWorship. What is your advice? upgrade to windows 10 or wait because there are too many issues still regarding compatibility between these two?

Thanks

Hi! If you are running EasyWorship 6 then it is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista. If you are running EasyWorship 2009 it is compatible with Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP. If you are running EasyWorship 2007 it is compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP.
I have been using Easyworship 2009 for a long time. We also upgraded to Easyworship 6 when it came out. Since then, I have started working more in our video production, and not so much with the projection on Sundays. However since today is Christmas eve, and most of our volunteers are out of town, I'm moving back upstairs to project the service this evening.

While trying to create this evenings schedule, I found that both versions of Easyworship are no longer working on my Windows 10 laptop, a laptop that would run both versions without a problem the last time I checked, back in September or October of this year.

I found the Windows 10 patch for 2009, and that works great now, however when I open version 6, I get a black screen, with the top menu bar located at the bottom center of the screen, see the picture in the link below:

[url:bgqmcd8a]https://plus.google.com/u/1/+RobLinger/posts/Fwp7545DsoM?pid=6231926995383732866&oid=112435412759117186780

Any suggestions? I can't even see if there is an update available. The menu that is shown in the picture is not accessible, so I can't check for updates. This doesn't lock up the computer, just Easyworship 6.

Thanks!
Rob,
Go to https://support.easyworship.com/solutio ... ware-ew-6-
Download and install the latest build on the computer and see how it behaves.
I can see that you have an older build because the view menu is not there in your screenshot.
Roger, I went to the link, and downloaded the latest and greatest, but I'm having the same exact results. The black screen with the toolbar at the bottom center of the screen, just the same as I show in my picture.

Ok, I just rebooted, and tried opening it again. This time I was able to actually open up the menu's, but I wasn't able to pull the main screen off from it's position, UNTIL I clicked on the Live menu and unchecked Show Live Output. Once that was done, the black screen went away, and I was then able to pull the main window up and into view. Everything seems to be working correctly now, except it has loaded an old database??? I need to reload our churches main database back in, just forgotten how to do that, and need to search for it here.

Thanks for you help Roger!
Quick follow up, I now have the database running fine also. I think the database issue was from something I did earlier, and not an EasyWorship problem.

Thanks for your help!
Just upgraded to Windows 10 and am running Easyworship 6. It ran perfectly on windows 8.1, but now all I get is a black screen. When I run it as an administrator it actually shows up, but has black screen behind it.
Hi!

I am sorry that you are having this issue. It sounds to me like you are not connected to a secondary output or a projector and the LIVE screen is showing up behind EW.

If you are connected to a secondary output then in EW click on EDIT//OPTIONS//LIVE and make sure that the output is set to Secondary and that the ALPHA CHANNEL is DISABLED.