[v6 General Discussion] Error loading player. Could not load player configuration.

Error loading player. Could not load player configuration.
I received this error today when I tried to link to a live streamed event at http://www.boundless2015.org/
This event will only be running for the next few days. I would be grateful if you could provide any assistance.
Thanks
nolly

Hi Nolly!

I am sorry but for some reason the JW player that is on that website is not working with EW. It may be an imposed limitation of the JW player so that you have to view it directly form the website url. It could be similar to trying to play a copyrighted video from YouTube. At this time there is not a way to play that in EW.
Terry,

Thanks for the speedy response. I'll just have to view it through the browser, which is what I did today.

Nolly
I asked our web devlopers about this, because the browser is able to play this content. Here is what I found out.
A generic error that appears when JW Player fails to set up correctly. This can be related to a javascript problem, timing issue with code, missing parameters or configuration options.
It is possible that the JS is not making it into the browser, or the player is arriving before the JS has loaded.
Thanks Rodger,

Did you have the same problem with this page? If so, then presumably the issue is not at my end and so I cannot do anything about this.

Nolly
Yes I get the same thing.
Rodger,

The event that I was streaming is now finished, but I wanted to let you know that I get the same error with Easyworship on the JW Player homepage http://www.jwplayer.com/ and presumably with any JW Player pages.

Although it is no longer relevant to me, I can't help feeling that there is an issue with Easyworship and that it may be worth looking at.

Thanks again for your help.

nolly
I've submitted a request to developers to take a look at this.
Here is the info I got from the JWPlayer page.

Error loading player: Could not load player configuration
A generic error that appears when JW Player fails to set up correctly. This can be related to a javascript problem, timing issue with code, missing parameters or configuration options.
Has anyone figured this one out? It's like 6 months since you contacted the developers, what's going on with this issue, should have been fixed by now. Let us know, the world is waiting!

Respectfully;

Balsey Dean De Witt, Jr.
nicemachines.com
Microsoft Insider
Google Partner
Hi!

I am sorry that this has not been fixed yet.
We have to prioritize what gets fixed according to if it is something that causes the program to not function and on the volume of demand and on available resources. It does not mean that this is not a important request it just means that at this time it is not high on the list of items to be looked at the current time.