[v6 General Discussion] Freezing, becoming unusable.

While using EW6 the program freezes and becomes unresponsive, requiring the use of the task manager to close it. The mouse will click around in the program window but nothing works. Even the close button and the menus become unusable. Only way to continue using is to close the program using the task manager and restart.

intel i7 3.2 ghz
8gb Ram
1TB HD
EW 6.1.8

We bought this new computer to handle EW6 please advise as to how to fix this problem. Reverting back to 2009 is not an option because it was never on this new computer or we would go back until EW6 was finished.

1 person likes this

It has not crashed while going live and actually projecting and image. So would that be the fault of the video card? I sent a message about the driver update to one of the worship leaders.

It crashed again this morning, Sunday, ten minutes before we were going to go live. It is frustrating to say the least.

After we got the computer online I downloaded and exceeding great number of updates. Any help is appreciated, so far it seems to be an equal opportunity crashing and not related to any one action. It seems that half of the times it has crashed we were either importing songs, adding songs to a schedule or deleting a song from a schedule.
Perhaps you should create another profile with fresh database. Unfortunately there are no built-in database repair tools like EW2009 had for its databases.
OK new question. It crashed again while importing a song from song select. This time the worship leader turned off the monitor and the task manager restarted EW 6.
Could it be something wrong with the monitor? New computer, monitor is a 24 in Samsung that is about 2 years old.
Probably not monitor; more likely graphics driver. Turning off a monitor is not normally a fatal condition. I turn my monitor (TV) off every day and my PC continues operating normally. Are there any power settings set in Windows? For EW6 desktop computer I would suggest maximum performance and no power savings.
I am also having the freezing issues. Software becomes unresponsive and can only ctrl,alt, delete to kill software. We are using an i5, 8GB of memory and ATI Radeon 5700 HD graphics card.
Yeah, this is happening to me also, with a highend laptop.

Any responses?
DanielJ,
Please contact support via phone and we can troubleshoot this for you.
We changed our Samsung monitor for a Dell monitor and it has not froze up since.
I'm glad you have found the culprit. Sometimes troubleshooting odd problems leads to unexpected solutions.
We had these problems, too, and our copy has been properly licensed and registered. Freezing up and having to be shut down manually. Anxiously awaiting fixes.
We had these problems, too, and our copy has been properly licensed and registered. Freezing up and having to be shut down manually. Anxiously awaiting fixes.

What are your system specifications? CPU, RAM, Video graphics card?
I've had issues with freezing. Happens when switching from powerpoint.

This past Sunday, I told the operator to close easy worship and re-open after the powerpoint announcment pre-service loop. seemed to correct problem.

We use the newest version of powerpoint in office 365 and we do not have the viewer check selected.
EW6 has started freezing on us too. We were using it pretty successfully until 4/19. Now it will randomly freeze or we'll get the infinite Fatal Errors. Just now I built a schedule w/o problems then was looking at the images under the media tab. I right-clicked an image, selected Delete then nothing. Alt-Ctrl-Dlt to get the Task Manager yet EW6 stays layered on top so that I can not see the Task Manager so I needed to power down and restart. This is the new norm for us. Any ideas?
I've had issues with freezing. Happens when switching from powerpoint.

This past Sunday, I told the operator to close easy worship and re-open after the powerpoint announcment pre-service loop. seemed to correct problem.

We use the newest version of powerpoint in office 365 and we do not have the viewer check selected.

EW6 has started freezing on us too. We were using it pretty successfully until 4/19. Now it will randomly freeze or we'll get the infinite Fatal Errors. Just now I built a schedule w/o problems then was looking at the images under the media tab. I right-clicked an image, selected Delete then nothing. Alt-Ctrl-Dlt to get the Task Manager yet EW6 stays layered on top so that I can not see the Task Manager so I needed to power down and restart. This is the new norm for us. Any ideas?