[v6 General Discussion] Why are EW6 Schedule Files so Enormous?

As I continue looking at EW6 I have moved on to building a "real" schedule based on this Sunday's order of worship. The EW2009 schedule file is around 4.2 MB while EW6 version is over 134 MB; that is over 31 times larger. That works out to 7 GB per year; our current schedule folder has 877 EWS worship and PPT sermon files starting in 2005 and they just have 3.1 GB.

Is format permanent? Or like in EW2009 will we be able to choose which resources should be bundled with the schedule?

Glad I have 100 GB of Dropbox space; though the 1 TB of Onedrive space that comes with Office 365 might be a better choice.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the feature of being able to save a schedule to a stick and go to any church, pop it in and it works...
When I added a 5 minute countdown video to schedule it increased to 375 MB. I hope this gets fixed soon as we don't have any need for schedule resource portability. Our Dropbox contains all of the images, videos and audio files we use. Schedules built offsite work at church with only new songs needing to be added to database.
EasyWorship 6 is automatically packing all content into the schedule.
The schedule will be as large as the content you are using.
This is by design to make sure that you don't end up with a broken schedule when you open it up on another computer.
This is designed this way, due to the huge number of calls we received with previous versions that didn't pack by default.
Customers would build a schedule and take it to another computer and wonder why the videos didn't work.
I would like to request the option to not pack resources into schedule. In our setup we never experienced missing resources and don't take our schedules on the road.
I'll add it to the feature request list.
Rodger, any word on getting this changed to where WE have the option to turn this on or off. I never remember to change it until AFTER it takes forever to save a schedule.
I don't have any information on whether or not you will be able to change if it defaults to on or off.
It does give you the choice on save.
The reason for defaulting to on is the following.
It's better to have a large schedule file, than to get to church with your schedule and have no backgrounds or other media items you expected to have in your schedule.
I don't have any information on whether or not you will be able to change if it defaults to on or off.
It does give you the choice on save.
The reason for defaulting to on is the following.
It's better to have a large schedule file, than to get to church with your schedule and have no backgrounds or other media items you expected to have in your schedule.

I understand that but since we never ever have that scenario it is not good at all for us. It slows everything down and takes up way to much space which then causes our backups to grow bigger that we can store.
I'm very sorry, I don't have any information on adding this feature at this time.
I do want to make clear that the original post asked for the pack media option to be added to the EasyWorship save as window so Customers can choose not to pack media into the schedule.
That feature has been added but it defaults to checked so that customers don't accidentally get to church with only part of their schedule.
Craigmash is requesting the additional function to have the option to default the check box on the save as window to be unchecked if one wishes to have it unchecked by default.